NEW YORK, Nov. 30 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- A Market with Huge Potential but Slow Growth Patterns
This research service examines the global and regional spending trends in the airport notifications market. The airport notification systems market is growing; however, because it is predominantly dependent on new airport construction or terminal expansions, growth is sluggish. The modernization and diversity of notification systems is creating more interest by retailers outside of airport premises as a means to lure travelers toward their goods and services. Some regions have realized the value of notification systems as a means to generate revenue inside airports and are capitalizing on this phenomenon to compete for traveler patronage. The base year for this analysis is 2014 and forecasts run to 2020.
- Frost & Sullivan estimates that the total addressable market for the airport notifications systems market in 2014 amounted to $ million. The market is characterized by sluggish, but stable growth, which will reach $ billion by 2020.
- Reports relating to future global airport expansions indicate that the leading regions making investments on airport notification systems are Asia-Pacific (APAC), North America, Europe, and the Middle East, respectively.
- Key factors that contribute to the growth of this market are new airport construction, terminal expansions, or modernization projects. Conversely, a significant restraint is that the replacement of legacy systems can be cost prohibitive.
- The airport construction boom in China is the main source of spending in the APAC region. In addition, Indonesian plans to open new airports annually for the next years will contribute to stable growth of the notifications market through to 2020.
- Competitors in this market are primarily information technology (IT) specialists. In this research, "top tier" companies are defined as companies that have experience working with IT issues within airports that present unique problems. Additional characteristics of top tier companies are: global presence, high integration capabilities, and brand name recognition.
- Airport notifications systems are evolving into more diverse communications platforms as marketers chose to use them to promote goods and services. Airports and data providers have found value in selling notification connectivity to hotels and ground transportation hubs.
- The enclosed research will focus on specific airport notifications systems: flight information displays (FIDS), gate information displays (GIDS), and baggage information displays (BIDS), which in some instances, is referred to as multi-user flight information systems (MUFIDS) which also broadcast emergency notifications, advertising, security wait times, and directional information.
- The regions covered include: Africa; Asia-Pacific (APAC); Europe; Latin America (LATAM), which includes countries in the Caribbean, and Central and South America; the Middle East; and
North America, comprising Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
- Notifications systems are purchased and installed in a variety of customized deliverables, therefore, defining a unit is not practical. In addition, systems of this type are typically procured for new terminal
construction or enhancements, neither of which occur on a regular basis.
- Given the diversity of notification system requirements for individual airports, and the variances of price points, this research will focus on an addressable market using a bottom-up methodology.
- For the purpose of this research, airports globally have been classified according to 2014 passenger traffic statistics. These categories are shown on the adjacent exhibit.
- The diverse nature of airport notification systems is such that several market participants are often part of an overall project. Therefore, market share will not be included as part of this research.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03421855-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001