DUBLIN, June 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Strategic Development of Neural Stem & Progenitor Cell Products" report to their offering.
Neurogenesis is the process by which neurons are created. This process is most active during pre-natal development when neurogenesis is responsible for populating the growing brain.
Neural stem cells (NSCs) are the self-renewing, multipotent cells that differentiate into the main phenotypes of the nervous system. These cell types include neurons, astrocytes, and oligodendrocytes. Neural progenitor cells (NPCs) are the progeny of stem cell division that normally undergo a limited number of replication cycles in vivo.
The terms neuronal and neural also need to be defined. Technically speaking, neuronal means pertaining to neurons, and neural means pertaining to nerves, which are the cordlike bundles of fibers made up of neurons. Since both terms are descriptive of neurons, the scientific community uses the terms neuronal and neural relatively interchangeably. The complexity of this issue is explored from a strategic perspective within this report, with emphasis on how to name neural stem cell products and therapies for optimal online and offline exposure.
In summary, an understanding of neural stem cell language and terminology can substantially improve product naming, strategic positioning, and the effectiveness of marketing communications.
These pharmaceutical applications include:
- Neurotoxicity testing
- Cellular therapies to treat central nervous system (CNS) conditions
- Neural tissue engineering and repair
- Drug target validation and testing
- Personalized medicine
Key findings within this report include:
- Recent Advances in NSC Research and Clinical Applications
- Trend Rate Data for NSC Grants, Clinical Trials, Scientific Publications
- Geographic Assessment of NSC Clinical Trial Activity
- Utilization of NSCs Relative to Other Stem Cell Types
- Patent Analysis for the NSC Sector
- NSC Market Size Determinations, including Projections for 2016-2020
- Key Acquisitions and Partnerships within the NSC Sector
- Social Analytics for the NSC Marketplace, including Individual User Data and Aggregate Responses
- Top-Shared NSC Articles (Trailing 12-Months)
- Overview of NSCs in the Context of the Broader Stem Cell Marketplace
- Company Profiles for NSC Industry Leaders
Companies mentioned in this report include:
- Neuralstem, Inc.
- NeuroNova AB
- StemCells, Inc.
- ReNeuron Limited
- Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- STEMCELL Technologies
- Axol Bio
- R&D Systems
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l2cdn8/strategic
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-strategic-development-of-neural-stem--progenitor-cell-products-market-2016-2020---patent-analysis-for-the-nsc-sector---research-and-markets-300288834.html
SOURCE Research and Markets