MCKINNEY, Texas, March 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company (Globe Life) launched a new sports partnership with the winningest racing team in NASCAR history, Roush Fenway Racing.
Since 1948, NASCAR has thrived as a family-favorite, family-owned and operated sport. Globe Life has served middle-income families since 1951, making the Globe Life/Roush Fenway partnership a great fit. Globe Life will sponsor Bubba Wallace in select 2017 NASCAR XFINITY Series races: an associate sponsor for two races beginning with the March event at Phoenix International Raceway followed by the April race at Texas Motor Speedway. Globe Life will be the primary sponsor on Wallace's No. 6 Ford Mustang at Talladega Superspeedway and Charlotte Motor Speedway in May.
"We're thrilled to sponsor the up and coming Bubba Wallace in the XFINITY Series and love the excitement he brings to racing," said Bill Leavell, president and CEO of Globe Life Direct Response. "This is Globe Life's first experience with a NASCAR team, and we can't wait to see our name and logo on Bubba's No. 6 Ford Mustang."
Globe Life's sister company, Liberty National Life Insurance Company, is also a Roush Fenway partner, sponsoring Trevor Bayne in the No. 6 Ford Fusion in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series for five races.
"We're very excited to partner with Globe Life," said Wallace, who is currently fifth in the XFINITY Series points standings and coming off of back-to-back top six finishes. "Globe Life has been helping protect families for decades and it would be great to reward them with a trip to Victory Lane."
Globe Life is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) and is headquartered in McKinney, Texas. Torchmark's other insurance subsidiaries include American Income Life, Liberty National, United American, and Family Heritage Life.
COMPANY FACT SHEET
- Founded in 1951
- 4 million policyholders (as of 12/16)
- More than $72 billion of insurance in force (as of 4/16)
- For 25 consecutive years, Globe Life has earned the A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company, an independent industry insurance analyst since 1899 (as of 6/16).
- A few of Globe Life's charitable interests include:
- Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation
- FC Dallas Foundation
- Special Olympics
- Operation Warrior Wishes
PARENT COMPANY FACTS
- Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) is the parent company of Globe Life
- Member of the S&P 500 Index
- Ranked #590 Fortune 1000 company – 2016
- Ranked #28 on Dallas Morning News 2015 Top 150 D/FW Companies list
- Ranked #68 on 2015 Texas 1000 list
- 2,974 employees
- Torchmark Corporation Affiliates include:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/globe-life-partners-with-roush-fenway-racings-bubba-wallace-300425642.html
SOURCE Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company