GreatCall's New Urgent Care App Delivers Convenient Access to Live Doctors and Nurses Whenever You Need It
Immediate Connection to Certified Medical Specialists Provides a Safe Alternative for High-Quality, Low-Cost Healthcare
SAN DIEGO, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GreatCall®, Inc., a leader in wireless services that help people stay connected, safe and healthy, today announced the launch of the new Urgent Care app. This latest addition to GreatCall's growing family of health and safety apps, Urgent Care is a first-of-its-kind medical app that provides individuals and families affordable, 24/7 access to quality healthcare information and medical specialists, including live, certified physicians if required. Now available for download free of charge in Apple's App Store , Urgent Care will also be available later this month on Google Play for Android.
Urgent Care is a Convenient Medical Alternative
GreatCall has partnered with LiveCare Clinic, a market leader for on-demand healthcare services, to bring smartphone users access to their virtual urgent care center, an extensive network of medical assistants, registered nurses and board-certified physicians. By providing individuals with immediate access to medical attention whenever they need it, customers can now take responsibility for their own well-being and lower the risk of health and medical problems that often can go untreated and result in hospitalization. In addition, Urgent Care ensures customers are equipped with all the tools and resources needed to reduce the cost and frequency of in-person consultations.
"At GreatCall, we are focused on creating easy-to-use wireless products and services that help our customers stay safe and healthy," said David Inns , CEO of GreatCall. "The Urgent Care app is an excellent example of how we can make mhealth work today if we keep things simple."
How Urgent Care Works
With a simple tap of the Urgent Care app, iPhone and Android users are connected to a registered nurse, who will ask a few basic questions and quickly triage the appropriate care for the patient's medical situation. If a doctor is needed, the individual can schedule with their own physician or if they wish, the nurse will immediately schedule a call back from a physician within 30 minutes or less. Doctors will provide assessments, advice and/or diagnoses for a wide range of conditions over the phone. They can also write prescriptions for routine, medical conditions like antibiotics and antihistamines, and send them instantly to the pharmacy of the patient's choice. Access to the national network of physicians is available around the clock, including holidays, with no appointment necessary.
Key Features of Urgent Care
- The most affordable live service medical app on the market with an introductory price of only $3.99 per call.
- Saves time and money as a typical telemedicine Doctor visit can be over $50
- No contracts, no cancellation fees, no proof of existing medical insurance required
- Safe alternative for those who may not have medical insurance
- 24/7 phone access to live nurses, who can escalate your call if needed to board-certified medical professionals, who are available on weekends, holidays, while traveling or even in the middle of the night
- A convenient alternative to office or hospital visits for health-related questions, medical advice, diagnosis and common prescriptions (subject to certain restrictions).
Additional Features Available with Urgent Care
- Interactive Symptom Checker allows users to identify symptoms and possible causes, when to self-treat and when to contact a medical professional.
- Access to the award-winning A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia data and Interactive Decision Tools that provide evidence-based health information from leading medical institutions including the National Institutes of Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Shake for Help™, a handy tool to always get an answer when you need one. Just shake your phone at any time and information will appear via a help "bubble" on screen specific to the topic being read
- Service available in Spanish and English
- Customer Service access via email
About GreatCall, Inc.
GreatCall is a company of "People You Can Count On" to deliver wireless services that help keep customers connected, safe and healthy™. The company stands apart from other wireless services providers through its simplified, personalized and humanized approach, as well as its commitment to providing a high quality customer service experience. The company has been widely praised for its ability to deliver the benefits of innovation and technology in a meaningful and easy-to-use format. GreatCall has received prominent national media accolades from the Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, Washington Post and major TV broadcast networks.
GreatCall's services, apps, and cell phone handsets, including The 5Star™ and the Jitterbug® are sold nationwide at leading retailers such as Walmart, Best Buy, Sears, Radio Shack Dealer Franchise, Fry's Electronics and ShopKo, as well as direct to consumers at 1-800-918-8543 and online at GreatCall.com. Service coverage includes the U.S. and Canada. GreatCall is located in San Diego, CA.
To learn more about all available GreatCall products and services, please visit: http://www.greatcall.com/urgentcare. This GreatCall news release and other announcements are available at http://www.greatcall.com/buzz. Or follow our news on Twitter @GreatCallInc and on Facebook facebook.com/greatcall. For access to company logos and high-resolution images and screen shots, please visit: www.greatcall.com/assets.
About LiveCare Clinic
LiveCare Clinic (www.Livecareclinic.com) offers the virtual urgent care center of the future providing access to physicians, nurses and technology on an integrated telemedicine platform. This platform offers a continent-wide network of Board Certified Physicians, Registered Nurses and licensed therapists that provide 24/7 medical attention to patients by facilitating in-person consultations via real-time secure wireless communications, telephone, video and web. The HIPAA compliant technology system allows for assessment, advice, diagnosis and treatment on a wide range of conditions regardless of geographical location. In addition to responding to routine health concerns, this virtual medical clinic supports remote monitoring, disease management applications and Accountable Care Organizations that are changing the face of medicine. Clients include the US and Canadian governments, insurers, leading hospital, university medical centers and thousands of medical practices.
SOURCE GreatCall, Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.