NEW YORK, March 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a new market report published by Lucintel, the future of continuous fiber thermoplastic (CFT) market looks good with opportunities in aerospace and automotive industries. The global continuous fiber thermoplastics market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2015 to 2020. The major driver of growth for this market is increasing level of penetration in aerospace and automotive industries, largely to address the increasing requirement of lightweight, recyclable, and environment friendly products.
In this market, glass & carbon fibers are major reinforcements and polyamide (PA), polypropylene (PP), polyetherimide (PEI), polyphenylene sulfide (PPS), & polyetheretherketone (PEEK) resins as major matrices are used for making continuous fiber thermoplastics. Lucintel predicts that the demand for CFT is likely to experience a good growth rate in the forecast period supported by growing demand in end-user industries. On the basis of comprehensive research, Lucintel forecasts that aerospace segment is expected to show above average growth during the forecast period.
Within the CFT market, the aerospace industry is expected to remain as the largest market by value and transportation industry by volume. The development of advanced aircraft models and new applications in the aerospace and automotive industry are expected to spur growth for these segments over the forecast period.
North America is expected to remain the largest market shipment due to growth in demand from aerospace and automotive industries. Asia Pacific & Rest of the World is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period because of increasing penetration of CFT in sporting goods, automotive, and industrial goods industries.
For market expansion, this report suggests innovation and new product development to achieve higher stiffness and strength, where the unique characteristics of CFT can be capitalized. The report further suggests the collaboration with customers to create win-win situations and development of high performance products for the end users.
Emerging trends in the global CFT market, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include the development of new applications and collaboration of players in different nodes of industry. Cytec, Tencate, LANXESS, Owens Corning, Fiber Glass Industries, and Polystrand are among the major suppliers of CFT.
Lucintel, a leading global strategic consulting and market research firm, has analyzed the global CFT market by end use application, fiber type, resin type, material form, use temperature, and region, and has come up with a comprehensive research report, "Growth Opportunities in Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics Market 2015-2020: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis." The Lucintel report serves as a spring board for growth strategy as it provides a comprehensive data and analysis on trends, key drivers, and directions. The study includes a forecast of the global CFT market through 2020, segmented by end use application, fiber type, resin type, material form, use temperature, and region as follows:
By end-use application [Volume (M lbs) and $M shipment analysis for 2009 – 2020]:
- Sporting Goods
By type of fiber (volume (Mil lbs) and value $M from 2009 – 2020):
- Glass Fiber
- Carbon Fiber
By resin type (volume (M lbs) and value $M from 2009 – 2020):
By material form (volume (M lbs) and value $M from 2009 – 2020):
- Prepeg (Unidirectional)
- Prepeg( Fabric)
- Commingled Fiber and Fabric
- Other Pultruded Laminate
By temperature (volume (M lbs) and value $M from 2009 – 2020):
- High Temperature
- Low Temperature
By region (volume (M lbs) and value $M from 2009 – 2020):
- North America
- Asia Pacific and Rest of the World
Some of the features of "Growth Opportunities in Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics Market 2015-2020: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis" include:
- Market size estimates: Continuous fiber thermoplastics market size estimation in terms of volume (M lbs.) and value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Continuous fiber thermoplastics market trend (2009-2014) and forecast (2015-2020) by region and segments.
- Segmentation analysis: Continuous fiber thermoplastics market size by various application segments such as transportation, aerospace, ballistics, sporting goods, industrial, and miscellaneous both in terms of volume and value shipment.
- CFT market size by various material forms, such as prepreg (fabric), prepreg (unidirectional), commingled fiber and fabric, and other pultruded laminates both in terms of volume and value shipment.
- CFT market size by reinforcement type, such as carbon fiber, glass fiber, and others both in terms of volume and value shipment.
- CFT market size by resin type, such as PP, PA, PPS, PEI, PEEK, PEKK, and others both in terms of volume and value shipment.
- Regional analysis: Continuous fiber thermoplastics market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia & Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of continuous fiber thermoplastics suppliers.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03509642-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/growth-opportunities-in-continuous-fiber-thermoplastics-market-2015-2020-trends-forecast-and-opportunity-analysis-october-2015-300241430.html