PARK RIDGE, N.J., Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ), the world's largest general use car rental brand, announces its participation in this year's Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) trade show, a first for the car rental industry, being held in Las Vegas November 5 – 8, 2013. As part of its attendance, Hertz will be sponsoring the Society of Collision Repair Specialist's (SCRS) Repairer Driven Education (RDE) Series.
"The collision repair industries are important to Hertz and our network of neighborhood locations," said Hertz Senior Vice President, John Holt. "With a network of approximately 3000 suburban locations, many located within auto repair shops, Hertz customers enjoy the flexibility of having a car available while theirs is in the shop. Our attendance at SEMA and our sponsorship of SCRS' RDE educational series will be instrumental in growing the Hertz business, especially in the insurance replacement market, while educating attendees on the products and services Hertz offers to provide customers with the fastest and easiest car rental experience in the industry."
"Growing the Collision Repair & Refinish footprint in the SEMA Show has been an area of focus for SCRS," stated SCRS Executive Director Aaron Schulenburg. "We couldn't be more pleased that a longtime member of SCRS, such as Hertz, is bringing the value proposition of their unique services to the show as the first rental vehicle provider to be exhibiting at the SEMA Show."
While at SEMA, Hertz will showcase products and services specifically tailored to the suburban market, including:
Hertz 24/7: A revolutionary new 'self-service' rental experience available any time, day or night that allows customers to rent a wide variety of vehicles near their home or work when needed and for any length of time -- hourly, daily, or weekly. Ideal for auto body shops and collision repair centers, Hertz 24/7 enables service providers to offer 'After Hours' car rental to their customers.
Hertz Local Edition: Hertz's network of neighborhood locations servicing the replacement, leisure and business customers and offering customers pickup and delivery service as well as 'Key2Key' service with cars conveniently located at auto body and collision repair shops, enabling customers to have access to a car while their car is in the shop.
Hertz Technology: Committed to providing customers speed, ease and value with technological innovations and personalized service, unique customer services include:
- Carfirmation: A mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts -- that confirms a Gold customer's reservation, advises of their car, and its location at the Hertz facility. Mobile Gold Alerts also shows other available cars and upgrades and lets customers select the one they want – all via their mobile device.
- Choose Control: Hertz Gold Choice gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
- Zap Technology: Hertz e-Return is the fastest way to get customers, when they return, back on their way home. Hertz will email the customer's receipt in a flash.
- Acceler-Rental: Hertz is the first rental company to offer airport and neighborhood location customers the ability to rent cars through a live face-to-face video kiosk with Hertz ExpressRent™ kiosks.
- Mobile Apps: As consumers are looking to mobile technologies as a way to take back control of their travel experience, from on-the-go bookings to instant upgrades.
- Hertz Mobile App: Book, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations, and browse special deals and offers all from the palm of your hand.
- Hertz NeverLost My Explore App: Users can plan their itinerary and navigate popular cities all on their smart phone and import it into a calendar or to the award-winning Hertz NeverLost® GPS.
- Hertz 24/7 Mobile App: Customers have 24/7 access to a variety of vehicles when and where they need them with the ability to reserve a car or modify an existing reservation and view upcoming and previous reservations.
Held throughout the duration of SEMA, SCRS' RDE educational series presents attendees with a variety of programs that address the issues faced in today's collision repair businesses. The education program is presented each day of the SEMA Show, and features some of the industry's most respected subject matter experts.
"In addition to ensuring that collision repairers find the most value in the exhibition halls, we appreciate that Hertz has continued their priority of supporting collision industry education through their sponsorship of SCRS' Repairer Driven Education series. It is this kind of support that helps SCRS put thousands of collision repair professionals in front of the industry's most well respected subject matter experts to help bring tangible solutions to improve their business. We're proud of the caliber of companies we call partners and are thrilled to include Hertz in that list," commented Schulenburg.
For 2013, SCRS's RDE series features a variety of courses, including three new tracks, designed to address the trends reshaping the industry:
- Understanding your business: provides training around fundamental components of running a successful collision repair business.
- Enhancing your business: focuses on business development and improvement such as production techniques, office efficiency, and creating a turn-key business.
- Positioning your business: presents solutions on competing in the marketplace and selling one's services.
For more information visit Hertz online at www.hertz.com or, during SEMA, visit Booth #11069 to meet with a Hertz representative.
About SCRS' RDE Series
REPAIRER DRIVEN EDUCATION (RDE) series features seminar offerings, many of which are uniquely designed and being offered only at the 2013 SEMA Show. The series will be offered either as individual sessions, or as a package, and registrants will have the option to attend seven regular session seminars which will be delivered between the hours of 12:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. each day of the show. Each of the courses has been individually selected by, or crafted for, SCRS because the content specifically focuses on information that is relevant to collision repair professionals and appeals to the diverse array of marketplace perspectives within the collision repair industry.
Through its direct members and 40 affiliate associations, SCRS is comprised of over 6,000 collision repair businesses and 58,500 specialized professionals who work with consumers and insurance companies to repair collision-damaged vehicles.
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty brands from approximately 10,400 corporate, licensee and franchisee locations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 8,800 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 150 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 111 major airports in Europe. Dollar and Thrifty have approximately 1,580 corporate and franchisee locations in approximately 80 countries. Hertz is an inaugural member of Travel + Leisure's World's Best Awards Hall of Fame and was recently named, for the thirteenth time, by the magazine's readers as the Best Car Rental Agency. Hertz was also voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat's 2013/14 U.S. Car Rental Survey, earning top honors in 10 additional categories, and the Company swept the global awards for Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits from FlyerTalk.com. Product and services such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Prestige and Green Traveler Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation and operates a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services.
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation