NEW YORK, Nov. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gotham West Market, a first-of-its-kind day-to-night market opens today in Hell's Kitchen. The market offers a well-curated list of artisan vendors and restaurants who are open early and stay open late to appease discerning palates and satisfy vivacious appetites.
Located at 600 11th Avenue between West 44th and 45th Streets, Gotham West Market is housed on the ground floor of Gotham West, a new residential building from Gotham Organization, Inc. and stretches a full city block. The spacious interior, designed by AvroKO, includes a showroom for NYC Velo to showcase their wide variety of bikes and cycling gear; The Brooklyn Kitchen's demo kitchen and artisanal market stocked with fresh produce and cooking equipment; Genuine Roadside's retro diner; and six other additional counters including Ivan Ramen Slurp Shop, The Cannibal, El Colmado, Little Chef, Court Street Grocers Sandwich Shop and Blue Bottle Coffee. Steps away from the 550-acre Hudson River Park and the paths of the West Side Highway, Gotham West Market's wide array of food options provides park strollers and bikers with a spot to rest or re-fuel.
The market design features indoor and outdoor dining areas, floor-to-ceiling glass windows, concrete floors, reclaimed wood furniture, blackened steel finishes and more. In addition to NYC Velo, the eight restaurants & food purveyors are featured at Gotham West Market include:
- AvroKO, the design and restaurant firm, operates Genuine Roadside, where they serve classic American roadside stand fare with dishes such as crispy ceviche tacos; Southern special pulled pork sandwiches; and the spicy smokehouse burger with smoked cheddar, charred jalapeno mayo, chipotle BBQ sauce and bacon.
- Ivan Orkin, the world-renowned ramen master from Brooklyn, opens Ivan Ramen Slurp Shop one of his first ramen shops outside of Japan. Menu items include classic shio ramen; roasted garlic mazemen; and smoked whitefish donburi rice bowl.
- Chef Seamus Mullen of Tertulia serves tapas and mordiscos at El Colmado, a classic Spanish tapas bar. Dishes include mini bocadillo de calamar, a sandwich of crispy squid, mojo verde, black onions; albondigas, lamb meatballs with sheep's milk yogurt; and alcachofas, fried baby artichokes.
- At The Cannibal, owner Christian Pappanicholas of the popular Gramercy restaurants Resto and The Cannibal, serves charcuterie and small plates including steak tartare with Bearnaise and crumput; Morcilla with cauliflower and hazelnut; and Cannibal Dogs "Tiger Style."
- The Brooklyn Kitchen manages a demo kitchen, complete with guest chef demos, culinary classes and a specialty food retail shop. The winter class schedule includes "Homemade Pizza with Roberta's," "Pickling with McClures," and "French Macaron" courses. All Thanksgiving necessities are now available; from fresh, local turkey to serving platters and pie dishes.
- At Little Chef, Caroline Fidanza serves a farm-to-table menu focused on transforming her renowned sandwiches from Saltie in Brooklyn into vibrant soups, salads, and more. Dishes include kedergee with curried rice and smoked fish; The Captain's Daughter with fried squid and aioli on focaccia; and Cock-a-Leekie, a chicken, leek and prune soup.
- The team behind Brooklyn's popular Court Street Grocers serves gourmet sandwiches such as their Reuben with house-corned short rib and their take on the Italian Combo at their Gotham West Market outpost, Court Street Grocers Sandwich Shop.
- Blue Bottle Coffee operates their twelfth cafe at Gotham West Market, complete with vintage equipment and locally roasted coffee. Signatures include New Orleans iced coffee and vanilla saffron snickerdoodle cookies.
Gotham West Market is housed in Gotham West, a 32-story luxury apartment building. Developed by Gotham Organization, Inc., Gotham West presents comfortable and modern living on a grand scale, pairing impeccable residences with first-rate amenities. Each apartment offers a host of elegant and creative finishes, rarely found in rental buildings, including custom-designed lighting, black granite countertops and washers and dryers in every unit. In addition to the building's signature amenity, Gotham West Market, Gotham West also offers a "residents-only" lounge, a state-of-the-art demonstration kitchen, a fully-equipped health club, a 32nd floor "Sky Terrace" with sweeping views of the Hudson River and daily complimentary breakfast for residents.
About Gotham Organization, Inc.
For over eight decades and four generations, Gotham Organization, Inc. has made a diversified and powerful impact on the New York City real estate landscape. As a privately owned, family-run business, Gotham develops, builds, owns and operates distinctive real estate properties and provides third party development, construction and consulting real estate services. Gotham operates over 3 million square feet of residential and retail properties. Living Gotham, the company's award-winning portfolio of luxury residential properties, reflects a commitment to excellence that results in quality, innovation and finely executed construction where extraordinary communities flourish. Luxury residential properties include The Atlas, Nicole, New Gotham and Gotham West. For more information, visit www.livinggotham.com.
SOURCE Gotham Organization, Inc.