BETHESDA, Md., Jan. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- More than a third of Americans are resolving to "spend more time with family and friends" in 2016*, and Marriott International is making this happen in an unprecedented way in conjunction with Super Bowl 50.
Marriott Rewards members Bill Craigle (Mechanicsville, NY) and Kristen Williams (Eagle River, Alaska) each won historic Super Bowl prizes and will now enjoy the game on a scale that has never been offered before in the event's history:
- Bill Craigle, Marriott Rewards' "50 to 50" sweepstakes winner and husband and father of two grown sons, has become the most popular person on his block. He is taking a group of 50 family and friends on an all expenses paid trip to the San Francisco Bay Area to watch Super Bowl 50 from a luxury stadium suite – a priceless and memorable gift. "The Craigle 50,"all handpicked by the sweepstakes winner, is a combination of 35 family members and 15 close friends including members of the medical team that helped treat a life-threatening illness facing Bill's oldest son. To help share the news, Marriott Rewards surprised the Craigles and their extended family when their favorite football player of all time, Brian Urlacher, showed up unexpectedly at their front door to deliver their prize, all captured in this heartwarming video.
- As the winner of Courtyard's "Suite Stadium" contest, Williams is making unforgettable memories for her three guests as they stay over in a stadium suite-turned-Courtyard-hotel room on the eve of Super Bowl 50 in a slumber party for the ages. Williams and her guests will awake to an NFL dream come true – being the first fans in the stadium Super Bowl Sunday. The prize also includes flights and tickets to the game.
"Marriott International's sponsorship with the NFL enables us to bring exclusive access and once-in-a-lifetime experiences to our guests and members of our Marriott Rewards program,"said Karin Timpone, Global Marketing Officer, Marriott International. "The idea of traveling to Super Bowl 50 with a group of 50 friends and family has captivated the imaginations of NFL fans and has inspired conversation among millions of fans worldwide."
"Courtyard's on-going relationship as the Official Hotel of the NFL truly reaches new heights with the big 50th anniversary of the Super Bowl. Creating 'Greatness on the Road' moments is what Courtyard is all about and hosting a slumber party in a comfortable Courtyard room built right in Levi Stadium absolutely delivers that ultimate NFL super-fan experience!" added Brian King, Global Officer Marriott Signature Brands.
Marriott International, in its fifth sponsorship year with the NFL, launched both programs prior to the season's kickoff using top social media platforms where friends and family connect. Courtyard and Marriott Rewards engaged with traveler's social networks to gain excitement and enable conversation around the country's biggest sports event:
- Craigle defied the odds when he was randomly selected from more than 250,000 eligible "50 to 50" sweepstakes entrants that included residents of the United States, Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United Kingdom. The trip for "The Craigle 50" includes flights, hotel, and tickets to watch the game from a luxury suite, for the winner and all his guests, and an unforgettable VIP weekend experience at the nation's biggest event of the year. All entrants were existing or brand new Marriott Rewards members who entered through the Marriott Rewards Facebook page.
- Williams triumphed as Courtyard's "Suite Stadium" winner after emerging with the highest number of judge and fan votes after a series of social media challenges completed on Twitter and Instagram. The contest generated more than 53.8 million impressions on social media during its four-month run while generating discussion from NFL players and fans alike. Williams' historic Super Bowl stay will be shared with fans via the Courtyard YouTube page, which will include surprise encounters from NFL personalities.
* Source: 33.2% Americans surveyed want to "spend more time with family and friends" in 2016, according to a Google Consumer Survey conducted from Nov. 24-27, 2015.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is a global leading lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,300 properties in 85 countries and territories. Marriott International reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. The company operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts under 19 brands. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 54 million members. For more information or reservations, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
The Courtyard by Marriott brand features hotels with a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected, productive and balanced while traveling. Intuitive services and design accommodate guests' desire for choice and control and allow them to use the public space and guest rooms to meet all of their needs while on the road. With more than 1,000 locations in more than 40 countries, Courtyard has more locations than any other Marriott International brand.
Marriott Rewards is Marriott International's award-winning loyalty program spanning 16 brands and over 4,000 properties worldwide. Marriott Rewards is free to join and has no blackout dates and members can earn and redeem points at Marriott International properties around the world and at Marriott Rewards exclusive luxury partner The Ritz-Carlton®. Members can also redeem points for frequent flyer miles, cruises, car rentals, merchandise and more. By making rewards accessible with a modern, easy approach, Marriott Rewards continues to be a leader in the industry. Marriott Rewards has won the Freddie Award for "Best Hotel Rewards Program in the Americas" for the last eight years and is a two-time winner of the Frequent Travel Award for "Best Hotel Rewards Program." In addition, the program has been named best hotel rewards program by the readers of U.S. News & World Report, About.com, Business Traveler, Global Traveler, Executive Travel and BusinessWeek magazines. To enroll and for more information about Marriott Rewards, guests can visit MarriottRewards.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/historic-unprecedented-nfl-experiences-delivered-by-marriott-international-at-super-bowl-50-300210699.html
SOURCE Marriott International, Inc.