HomeFinder.com Reinvigorates Real Estate Industry with Unique Makeover Program Ten thousand entries received and five winning agents strengthen their digital and style brands
CHICAGO, Oct. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In an effort to help revitalize the real estate industry, HomeFinder.com welcomed five real estate agents from across the country to Chicago from September 12-14, 2012 to receive a once-in-a-lifetime, two-day business and style makeover. The five randomly selected, winning agents of the HomeFinder.com Agent Makeover Sweepstakes spent 48 hours with a team of experts who had one unified focus: to give the winners industry insight to reinvigorate their businesses. The winners were:
- Kalen Raynor – Ponquogue Point Properties Inc. – Hampton Bays, New York
- Judy Marshak – iProperties International – Greater Las Vegas, Nevada
- Jaclyn Erwin – Jackson Erwin Realty – Charlotte, North Carolina
- Greg Rowley – Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty – Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
- Bruce Baker – RE/MAX Infinity – Greater Pensacola, Florida
Ten thousand real estate agents applied for their chance to win the intensive two-day makeover that included business, marketing, branding and social media training. "As an inaugural program for HomeFinder.com, the volume of entries no doubt highlights a hunger on the part of real estate professionals to grow and learn, as we prepare for the next wave in real estate," said HomeFinder.com CEO Doug Breaker.
The five winners underwent a rigorous 48 hours of real estate-focused business and marketing training. Additionally, each agent received a total image makeover that included a personal styling session and professional outfit, as well as a hair and makeup consultation. The one-on-one business and style sessions included:
- How SEO is drastically changing the real estate landscape and why Google is a crucial part of online marketing success. (Doug Breaker, CEO of HomeFinder.com)
- How Single Property Websites are one of the best resources to market a home. (Mark Tepper, SVP, Sales and Marketing of HomeFinder.com)
- What the most important thing agents should be thinking about for 2013. (Michael Lindstrom, professional real estate-focused business and life coach).
- How to be the agent that everyone wants to work with. (Amanda McMillan, CEO of Chicago Home Partner)
- How real estate agents can use photography to establish their brand. (Kristen Barker, owner of We Are the Barkers photography)
- When your personal look becomes a professional distraction. (Michael Anthony, owner of Michael Anthony Salon Spa)
"The HomeFinder.com Agent Makeover Sweepstakes experience was completely awesome! Not only did I leave with valuable tools, advice and resources to further enhance my practice, but I also left now knowing four other wonderful real estate colleagues," said winner, Jaclyn Erwin, owner of Jackson Erwin Realty.
As the site that "gets" real estate agents, HomeFinder.com understands the past few years have not been easy for the real estate industry as a whole – especially for agents. The goal in launching this inaugural industry program was to help offset some of these difficulties. As experts in the digital real estate marketplace, HomeFinder.com wanted to offer five agents the opportunity to revamp their online and offline business to help them start building a stronger business for the future. Founded over a decade ago, HomeFinder.com has seen multiple real estate cycles. This industry tenure enables the company to provide unique resources, education, coaching and support to real estate professionals.
"After speaking with the industry experts and taking in all the presentations, I feel I have had a 'rebirth' in this business. I have a newfound excitement for real estate," said winner, Kalen Raynor, owner of Ponquogue Point Properties Inc.
While only five agents were able to attend the in-person event, all ten thousand entrants and millions of agents can benefit from the day-by-day blog posts, expert articles and videos compiled from the two-day event.
"We succeeded at providing a unique educational experience for five agents and now want the chance to offer all of the real estate agents in our space insight into the best practices and expert knowledge," said Breaker.
For more information on the HomeFinder.com Agent Makeover Sweepstakes, visit: homefinder.com/agentmakeover.
HomeFinder.com is one of the fastest growing real estate websites in the U.S. attracting more than 3M monthly home shoppers with more than 3M property listings. HomeFinder.com provides simple and effective online advertising solutions such as Single Property Websites and enhanced listings to 20,000 agents, brokers and builders. HomeFinder.com has the combined strength and resources of a nationally branded site and a Network of 375 real estate sites across America, including the chicagotribune.com, azcentral.com and miamiherald.com. HomeFinder.com is owned jointly by three leading media companies, Gannett Co. Inc. (NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Co. (NYSE: MNI) and Tribune Co., and is an affiliated company of Classified Ventures, LLC, which owns and operates three leading online businesses: Apartments.com, Cars.com and HomeGain.com.