MATAWAN, N.J., Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- To keep up with today's technology-savvy job seekers, modern recruiting professionals are using recruitment marketing tools to proactively attract and engage passive candidates and build "pools" of talent for future hiring needs. iCIMS, Inc., a leading provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) talent acquisition solutions, today released a new research study, "Recruitment Marketing: Fad or Future?" to get in-depth, data-driven insights on the relevance of recruitment marketing, and what employers and job seekers have to say about it.
In partnership with Hanover Research, iCIMS analyzed data from more than 760 human resources professionals and candidates. The research was conducted to shed light on the rise and impact of the consumer candidate and the emerging trends within recruitment marketing.
"Technology and the world of recruiting have changed dramatically in recent years, giving employers access to better and more powerful recruitment tools," says Susan Vitale, chief marketing officer of iCIMS. "According to our survey, HR professionals agree that recruitment marketing is an effective strategy to identify and attract candidates, and they have identified recruitment marketing as an area they plan to invest in with headcount and technology this year. Implementing technology and utilizing social media to market open positions and your company's employment brand will help position your organization for success in an evolving, and very dynamic job market," Vitale concluded.
Key findings in the report include:
Insights from Job Seekers
- 75 percent of job seekers agree that companies should develop more talent pools to keep job seekers up-to-date on company information, including job alerts and other announcements.
- 35 percent of job seekers spend one to two hours researching a company before they apply, and 25 percent spend three to four hours researching.
- 77 percent of job seekers agree that companies that have a strong reputation and employment brand have an edge over those who do not.
- 52 percent of job seekers surveyed report Facebook as their first choice to research jobs, ahead of LinkedIn.
Insights from HR Professionals
- 86 percent of HR professionals agree that recruitment marketing automation is an effective strategy to identify, attract, engage and nurture candidates.
- 76 percent of HR professionals currently using recruitment marketing automation tools agree that their company has received a strong ROI from these solutions.
- 90 percent of HR professionals agree that having a strong employment brand is more important today than it was five years ago.
- 48 percent of HR professionals already have or plan to hire someone in 2016 who is responsible for recruitment marketing.
- 61 percent of HR professionals said that the HR department controls their company's recruitment marketing investments, but only 44 percent feel equipped to own recruitment marketing for their company.
"Through our proprietary research, we found that recruitment marketing is increasingly becoming a core competency of talent acquisition," added Vitale. "Our latest data shows that HR professionals receive a strong ROI from using recruitment marketing tools, and job seekers agree that it improves job searching, the hiring process, and their overall experience. Now is the perfect time to dive deeper into modern recruitment marketing technology to see what it can do to support your recruiting staff, your candidate engagement, and your bottom line."
View the full report on the iCIMS Hire Expectations Institute.
About iCIMS, Inc.:
iCIMS is a leading provider of innovative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) talent acquisition solutions that help businesses win the war for top talent. Scalable, easy to use, and backed by award-winning customer service, iCIMS enables organizations to manage their entire talent acquisition lifecycle from building talent pools, to recruiting, to onboarding, all within a single cloud-based platform that is connected to the largest partner ecosystem of HR technologies in the industry. With more than 3,000 contracted customers, representing approximately 4,500 organizations worldwide, iCIMS is one of the largest and fastest-growing talent acquisition solution providers.
©2016 iCIMS, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE iCIMS, Inc.