IDrive® Announces Universal Online Backup for an Unlimited Number of PCs, Macs, Smartphones and Tablets on One Plan; New 'EVS' APIs for Developers
Online backup and file sharing for an unlimited number of computers and mobile devices starting at just $4.95/month; IDrive mobile app enhanced; and new cloud APIs for developers to rival Amazon S3
CALABASAS Calif., Jan. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IDrive has made public the latest versions of its Windows®, Mac® and mobile software - home users and small businesses can now protect as many computers, iOS and Android devices as they own with one easy plan - only at http://www.idrive.com.
"We're excited about the latest updates to IDrive," said Raghu Kulkarni, founder and CEO of Pro Softnet Corp. "With a single account new customers can back up as many computers and mobile devices as they want and then view their files from any of those connected devices or on our website. Plus, the mobile app can now back up contacts, photos and videos and make them available online as well."
Those interested can create a free account and store their first 5GB at no charge.
IDrive offers two plans for home users: 150 GBs for $4.95/month or 500 GBs for $14.95/month, with no limits on the number of Windows, Mac, iOS or Android devices that can be protected or the length of time for file retention. For businesses, plans range from 50GB to 1TB starting at $9.95/month with priority customer support. Customers can receive two months free by paying annually and IDrive also offers 50% discounts for teachers, students and faculty. Full pricing details here.
Not All Backups Are Created Equally
"Many backup services offer 'unlimited' storage space for a single computer at a flat rate, like $50 per year per computer - it sounds like a good deal at first, but back up 100 GBs from that one computer and you pay $50/year, back up just 50 GBs and you still have to pay $50/year: that's where they get you," said Stephen Gold, Business Development Manager. "Not only that, 'unlimited' storage plans almost always have very limited file retention, meaning they automatically remove data from your backup after you delete the files from your computer, usually just 30 days later. The question is, 'What use is a backup that doesn't contain files you accidentally deleted, say, six months ago?' On the other hand, IDrive allows people to actually use all of the online storage they are paying for."
A quick summary of IDrive's features and benefits:
- Get full access to files from any PC, Mac, iOS or Android device,
- Share any file/folder using an email address - easily swap large files with others,
- Intelligent incremental backups/restores over a secure connection,
- Available private key encryption for maximum security,
- "True Archive" storage - data is never automatically deleted and the last 30 versions of each file are held without counting against GBs stored,
- Continuous Data Protection for real-time backup of commonly used files,
- No file size or type limitations - no bandwidth throttling,
- Rapid Serve Restore - large restores can be physically shipped for quick disaster recovery,
- IDrive builds its own hardware and software; the speed and performance can rarely be matched,
- Live phone and 24-hour chat support.
IDrive Online Backup Mobile App Gets New Features
The IDrive mobile app makes it possible for users to access their account and share files while on the go. New updates bring the ability to back up contact information, photos and videos over a Wi-Fi or 3G connection to the IDrive cloud from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS 4.0 or later as well as Google Android devices running 1.6 or later. The information is then made available via other connected computers and mobile devices as well as on the IDrive website.
Why EVS (Encrypted, Versioned File System) for developers?
EVS was built to be faster, easier to secure and more affordable than other cloud platforms like Amazon S3, Rackspace and others.
- As low as $4.95/month for 150 GBs of storage and no bandwidth fees - build and test apps using the free 5GB IDrive Basic plan,
- Efficient and built-in 256-bit AES encryption with the option for a private user key for maximized security,
- Upload/download thousands of files and folders with a single line of code,
- The past 30 versions of each file are archived indefinitely - storage is calculated only for the most current version,
- Incremental and compressed data transfers make uploads and downloads quick.
The EVS development team actively assists developers and partners with integrating APIs into their applications and new API codes can be created based on special needs.
To learn more about creating applications using EVS, visit http://evs.idrive.com.
IDrive and EVS are created by Pro Softnet Corporation
Headquartered in Los Angeles County, Pro Softnet Corp. is a privately held company specializing in cloud storage, online backup, file sharing, remote access, compliance, sync and related technologies serving the consumer, small business and enterprise markets. Core products include IDrive®, IDriveSync®, IBackup® RemotePC™ and EVS for developers. The company's popular services currently have over 800,000 subscribers. For more information, please visit http://www.idrive.com.
818-251-4200 Ext. 127
SOURCE Pro Softnet Corporation
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.