LOS ANGELES, July 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- IDrive Online Backup has launched IDrive Vault, a 4TB hybrid backup solution for businesses to protect data locally and in the IDrive Cloud, making it a strong option for a disaster recovery plan.
Features of IDrive Vault include:
- Hybrid Backup Solution -- protect data locally using the Vault appliance, and choose which data to be backed up to the cloud for recovery in case of a disaster.
- Real-time Backup -- once an initial backup to the Vault appliance has been completed, it continues to recognize when files have been modified and backs those files up in real-time.
- Server Backup -- perform backups of running databases and servers including MS SQL, and MS Exchange servers.
- Time Machine Backup -- backup all your data to the IDrive Vault appliance using Time Machine, which backs up your entire drive, including system files, applications, music, photos, movies, and documents.
- Snapshot -- the historical view of backed up data on the Vault appliance that helps to restore any older file or folder, helping users recover from crypto-like viruses. Users can roll back to any previous snapshots of files or folders to a specific date.
- User Management -- with IDrive Vault Central, a web-based console for the Vault appliance, users can performs operations like configuring the appliance, using the IDrive plugin for cloud backups, creating users for local backup, handling snapshots, and more.
- Security -- data transferred from the appliance to the IDrive cloud is protected with 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key known only to the user.
"Other hybrid backup solutions can be costly, we made sure to include industry leading features like local snapshots, time machine backup and a centralized management console into a powerful package that beats more expensive solutions in the marketplace," said Raghu Kulkarni, CEO of IDrive Inc.
IDrive Vault retails for $1000 per year that includes 4TB of local storage and 4TB of cloud backup space.
IDrive Inc. is a privately held company specializing in cloud storage, online backup, file sharing, remote access, compliance and related technologies. Core services include IDrive®, RemotePC™ and EVS for developers. The company's services help over 3 million customers back up over 60 Petabytes of data.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/idrive-online-backup-unleashes-idrive-vault-a-hybrid-backup-appliance-for-businesses-300298906.html