CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Aug. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The proliferation of tablet technology, the foremost example being the iPad, has had a profound impact not only on consumers, but also in how businesses operate. In fact, a recent study from Best Practices, LLC examines how the growth of iPad technology is rapidly transforming how field sales forces in the pharma industry interact with physicians and payers.
However, deploying iPads into the field requires significant planning, resources, and training to make the investment a success. To determine best practices in iPad oversight and implementation, Best Practices, LLC conducted a research project to identify and examine strategies for deploying and measuring the effectiveness of the iPad as an inventive sales tool.
The report, Deploying the iPad to Sales & Managed Markets Teams: Training and Effectiveness Benchmark, focuses on key challenges, lessons learned and best practices when deploying iPads or Android-Based tablets to large customer-facing commercial groups within BioPharma and Medical Device organizations.
Some of the benchmarks to surface regarding Advocacy structure, resourcing and responsibilities were:
- The majority of participating companies started with a pilot program for key brands before rolling iPads out to the entire sales or managed markets organization.
- Training is absolutely critical in deploying devices such as the iPad; if reps or account managers are not comfortable with new technology, they will simply not use it.
- High development-cost savings are achievable for companies that build applications for each commercial group simultaneously.
The 66-page report contains over 130 metrics and 41 narratives to provide biopharmaceutical leaders with an evidence-based understanding of how other companies in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries are attempting to align their resources and activities to ensure the continuity of their sales' processes.
Key Topics of this report include:
- Systems Integration and Application Development
- Security and Compliance
- Applications that Increase Productivity
- Field Usage and Measuring Effectiveness
- Challenges and Best Practices in Making the Investment a Success
To access the full report or to download a complimentary summary containing insights found in this report, click on the following link: http://www3.best-in-class.com/rr1168.htm.
For more information on this study or other recent primary research studies, contact us at 919.403.0251 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC is a leading benchmarking, consulting and advisory services firm serving biopharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide. Best Practices, LLC's clients include all the top 10 and 48 of the top 50 global healthcare companies. The firm conducts primary research and consulting using its comprehensive proprietary benchmarking tools and analysis. The operational insights, findings and analysis form the basis for our Benchmarking Reports, databases and advisory services to support executives in commercial and R&D operations.
SOURCE Best Practices, LLC