Jitscale Offers Tips for Small Businesses Migrating IT Functions to the Cloud
International IT Outsourcer Reassures SMEs of the Benefits of Cloud Computing
ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In its recent "Cloud Migration Guide," managed cloud infrastructure provider, Jitscale, outlines how and when small and medium enterprises (SMEs) should shift core IT functions to the cloud.
"Growing SMEs may realize they need to get on board with cloud computing, but they often have questions about the cloud and how they can benefit from using it," said Eelco van Beek, chief executive officer at Jitscale. "And since an organization's application portfolio might contain tens, hundreds or even thousands of different applications, choosing a strategy for moving these into the cloud can be daunting. So SMEs should first prioritize between migration candidates, then assess security and compliance issues, and finally consider the technical and functional aspects of their business-critical applications."
Jitscale also says that by answering several important questions, SMEs can identify which applications and data sets can be moved to the cloud versus which items they should keep in-house:
- Does your organization classify data into categories such as confidential or secret and do these classifications prohibit the data to be placed on a shared or outsourced infrastructure?
- Are there any regulatory or contractual obligations to store data in a specific jurisdiction?
- Do any applications depend on other applications or require specialized hardware to function?
- Do applications use any under-utilized assets, e.g. hardware that has a lot of unused capacity?
- Are there any restrictive licenses for software used in your applications prohibiting your software from running in the cloud?
- Do any applications have an immediate business need to scale and are running out of capacity?
- Are there any applications that need to be rolled out on a global scale?
Responses to these questions will help SMEs determine if their security and compliance policies will allow them to run applications on a shared infrastructure and if their applications have technical characteristics that make them suitable for migration to the cloud.
Jitscale is an IT management organization specializing in organizing, managing, and optimizing business-critical IT platforms. Jitscale serves its customers from offices in the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and from the Orlando, Fla., in the United States. For more information visit www.jitscale.com.
More by this Source
Jitscale Says 'Migrate an Enterprise to the Cloud Gradually'
Nov 18, 2013, 13:16 ET
Jitscale Offers Companies Tips to Keep Data Safe in the Cloud
Oct 07, 2013, 07:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.