KRUPS Announces Winners of Best Brew Awards 2013 Voters from Across the Nation Decide on the Best Coffee Shops in America
NEW YORK, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- KRUPS USA (www.KRUPSUSA.com), worldwide leader in coffee, espresso and kitchen appliances, announced today the winners of this year's "KRUPS Best Brew Awards." The annual campaign, which is now in its third year, was introduced to discover the best coffee shops across the nation, uncovering favorite local brews from New York to Los Angeles.
Determined by a call for entries and a public vote through the KRUPS Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/KRUPSUSA), fans across the nation voted for their favorite coffee shops in cities including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Washington D.C, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and San Francisco from March 18th - April 12th. This year, the campaign drew more than 1,800 votes as well as write-in entries, and the following coffee shops have been declared the 2013 winners of the KRUPS Best Brew Awards:
- Atlanta, GA - Condesa Coffee: Condesa Coffee is a cafe and espresso bar located in Atlanta's Old Fourth Ward, specializing in roasting-great counter culture coffee. They are bike-friendly and accessible, offering discounts to people who bike to the cafe. (480 John Wesley Dobbs Avenue)
- Boston, MA – Voltage Coffee and Art: An espresso catering service fueling good conversation and synergy in the tradition of the original coffeehouses. (295 3rd Street)
- Chicago, IL - Metropolis Coffee Co.: The second win for the Windy City shop, the Metropolis Coffee Co. aesthetic is rooted in the belief that great coffee comes from a line of respect, beginning with the farmers and their respect for their land. Founded by a father and son team, the small batch artisan roasters have been serving the area since 2003. (1039 West Granville Avenue)
- Dallas, TX - White Rock Coffee: Taking home the title for Dallas two years in a row, White Rock Coffee is a locally owned coffee shop specializing in hand-crafted, small batch, micro-roast coffee, freshly roasted on the premises. (10105 E Northwest Hwy)
- Washington, D.C. - M.E. Swing Co.: Another repeat winner, the legendary M.E. Swing Co. was opened in 1994 at 1702 G Street, across from the historic Old Executive Office Building. Filled with the original mahogany and mirrored fixtures, vintage burr grinders, wooden coffee bins, and counter-weight scales that graced the Mesco Building on E Street, their Mesco Blend coffee was given a patent in 1918 and is still one of Washington's best selling coffees. (1702 G Street Northwest)
- Los Angeles, CA – Tierra Mia: Offering artisanal coffee prepared to the highest standards of quality, this shop features fresh roasted micro-lot coffee and pastries baked daily. (4914 Firestone Blvd. South Gate)
- Miami, FL – Eternity Coffee Roasters: Eternity Coffee Roasters is committed to sourcing through blind tastings the highest scoring single origin coffees from around the globe and artisanally roasting in small batches to uncover the special characteristics of each bean (117 SE 2nd Avenue)
- New York, NY - Cafe Pedlar: An artisanal coffee shop in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, this coffee shop features beans roasted by Stumptown Coffee Roasters in Red Hook Brooklyn and classically trained baristas that create espresso drinks that are as beautiful as they are delicious. (210 Court St at Warren St., Cobble Hill)
- (Tie 1 of 2) Philadelphia, PA - Mugshots: Located in the Art Museum District, Mugshots features fresh coffee and extensive food offerings. (2100 Fairmount Avenue)
- (Tie 2 of 2) Philadelphia, PA – Naked Chocolate Cafe: Naked Chocolate Cafe is the ultimate chocolate experience. It is known for a variety of hand crafted artisanal chocolates and delicious desserts all made in the store kitchen. (1317 Walnut Street Philadelphia)
- San Francisco, CA – Philz Coffee: Philz Coffee specializes in customized blends of the highest quality coffee from around the world. Each blend ranges from 2 to as many as 7 different beans from around the world and they each have their own unique distinct flavor. (748 Van Ness Ave)
"It's very exciting to see the enthusiasm and growing participation from voters this year as we close out the third annual KRUPS Best Brew Awards," said Michele Lupton, Marketing Communications Director for the brand. "KRUPS fans continually impress us with their passion and knowledge for all things coffee, and we enjoy recognizing their favorite spots across America where they find the best brews, outside of their own KRUPS machines."
Last year's winners included: 9th Street Espresso in New York City; Cafe Dulce in Los Angeles; Four Barrel Coffee in San Francisco; Tinta y Cafe in Miami; Metropolis Coffee Co. in Chicago; Thinking Cup in Boston; Elixr in Philadelphia; White Rock Coffee in Dallas; Condesa Coffee in Atlanta; and M.E. Swing Co. in Washington D.C.
Precision and unwavering performance uniquely define the philosophy of KRUPS, established in 1847 in Germany by Robert KRUPS. The company first introduced high-grade rotary and spring scales; then with the introduction of electricity, the brand shifted focus and a century later established itself as a world leader in coffee machines, espresso machines, and a wide range of other appliances. The KRUPS heritage of German engineering combines functional, yet rigorous design with technical perfection. Built for those who continuously seek new experiences and take pleasure in understanding how things are done, KRUPS' passion for perfection is apparent. Its range of products provides the tools necessary to deliver the highest taste results every time. KRUPS is inspired by experts and demanding consumers with uncompromising standards of genuine performance and quality. For more information, visit http://www.KRUPSusa.com/ or www.facebook.com/KRUPSusa
SOURCE KRUPS USA