DODGEVILLE, Wis., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For men and their Lands' End shirts, there's a common thread: they're "Made to Work!" Introducing the Lands' End "Made to Work" campaign, showcasing how Lands' End's superior-quality Men's No Iron Pinpoint Shirt and the real men who wear them are both "Made to Work." The online, print and broadcast advertising campaign will feature three real working men in their everyday lives sporting the classic shirt, with its new level of style and updated fits, fabrics, tailoring and care features boasting qualities that are "Made to Work."
"The Lands' End shirt is a classic that is made to perform. The Made to Work campaign celebrates this iconic staple's authenticity and enduring quality by equating the unparalleled value of the shirt with the values of the individual who wears it," said Edgar Huber, CEO & president, Lands' End. "Whether he's a teacher, a CEO or a small-business owner, he brings true value to the world through his work – and the Lands' End shirt is the perfect fit to help him achieve his goals and purpose through that work."
The Lands' End guiding principles – quality, value and service – are reflected in the men the campaign will feature. Quality equates with integrity, shown in how the men work for something larger than themselves, whether for a cause, community or family; value equates with the heroic character of the American worker, which inspires those around them to do the same; and service equates with the dedication the men embody in order to achieve long-term goals for the greater good.
"I was extremely excited to be selected to join in the Lands' End 'Made to Work' campaign," said interior designer Reed Woodson, founder of Beedus & Jardin, an interior design firm that offers sustainable building services. "When I was told the reason Lands' End wanted to work with me on the campaign was because our businesses share the same principles – quality, value and service – it seemed like a natural fit, one that I was eager to be a part of."
Woodson is joined by Joe Branch, a sports marketer and professor who is active in the nonprofit UWANTGAME, a mentoring program for high school athletes; and Justin Talt, a Los Angeles-based filmmaker and founder of Indie Film Folio, a company that helps aspiring filmmakers around the country get their projects off the ground, as the three real-life men featured in the campaign.
A Shirt That's Heads Above Others
It's hard to make a good thing even better, but that's just what Lands' End has done to its Men's No Iron Pinpoint Shirt:
- Woven with an ultra-fine yarn, the pinpoint shirt is smoother and stronger than ever, thanks to Supima® cotton. Supima is created from the top 3% of U.S.-grown cotton and its longer, stronger fibers make the shirt softer and more durable than ever before.
- Adding a no-iron finish ensures the shirt keeps that "just-pressed" look all day long.
- Wicking and stain release properties give the shirt a technical edge that will keep real working men cool and clean during long days at the office.
- All Lands' End shirts feature a single-needle seam, which takes extra time in construction but helps make seams lie flatter and avoids unsightly "puckering."
- Lands' End guarantees quality at a great value for all their products, and the Men's No Iron Pinpoint Shirt is no different:
- Every man has a different dress shirt preference that matches his style. With traditional, tailored and slim fit options in a buttondown, straight or spread collar, this shirt is available in nearly 50 possible combinations, creating a custom shirt-buying experience without paying custom prices.
- No matter what shirt men pick, caring for it has never been easier – this no-iron shirt is guaranteed to hold up through 30 wash cycles.
The No Iron Pinpoint Shirt retails for $54-$64.
About Lands' End
Lands' End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands' End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home at landsend.com, 1-800-800-5800, the Lands' End Shops at Sears and around the world. Lands' End is a proud member of the Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD).
Video with caption: "Lands' End Launches It's 'Made To Work' Campaign, Proving Both its No Iron Pinpoint Shirt - And The Men Who Wear It - Are Strongly Suited To Get The Job Done". Video available at: http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/origin/multivu_archive/PRNA/ENR/FX-CG80308-20130916-01.mp4
SOURCE Lands' End