CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif., May 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Lee Kum Kee, a global market leader and pioneer of Asian condiments, today announced the expansion of its best-selling Sriracha sauce lineup with two new innovations featuring the beloved spice blend. The company's new Sriracha Barbecue and Sriracha Stir-Fry sauces are sure to add some bite to your favorite home-cooked dishes.
"Lee Kum Kee has brought bold, authentic Asian flavors to your table for nearly 128 years," said Elaine Thai, Lee Kum Kee VP of marketing. "People love the sweet, spicy taste of Sriracha, and our new innovations fulfill the demand for tasty, flavor-forward options that demonstrate its versatility. Our newest offerings enhance your favorite proteins and vegetables and provide the perfect balance of bold Sriracha flavor when cooking or barbecuing, without any need for pre-measuring or blending."
Lee Kum Kee's Sriracha Barbecue Sauce ($3.99, 18 oz.) is a spicy twist on the classic barbecue sauce as it combines paprika, mustard seeds and chili peppers to create an irresistible balance of smoky, sweet and spicy. Additionally, Sriracha Stir-Fry Sauce ($3.99, 18 oz.), a zesty gluten-free blend of honey, garlic, and spicy chili peppers, is a sure fire way to amplify your stir-fry dishes. The new Asian-inspired sauces round out the company's family of Sriracha offerings, which includes Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Chili Sauce, Sriracha Mayo and Sriracha Ketchup. The flavor of Lee Kum Kee's Sriracha sauces are so popular and out-of-this-world, they're even served to astronauts as a condiment of choice in space!
Here are a few ways to turn up the heat for dinner with Lee Kum Kee's newest Sriracha offerings:
Seared Steak Marinated in Sriracha Barbecue Sauce
- Ingredients: 16 oz. steak (2 pieces), 3 tablespoons of chopped garlic, 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary, 2 teaspoons of black pepper, 2 tablespoons of Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Barbecue Sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey, and 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Mix Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Barbecue Sauce, garlic, rosemary, black pepper, and honey together
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mixed ingredients with steak. Marinate for 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil and pan-fry the steak on high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on the desired degree of "doneness." Serve.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
- Ingredients: 18 oz. chicken thigh, 5 oz. zucchini, 3 oz. diced green bell peppers, 3 oz. diced red bell peppers, 2 oz. diced celery, 2 oz. diced onion, 1 cup Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Stir Fry Sauce, 2 tablespoon cooking oil, 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- Marinate chicken in ½ cup Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Stir Fry Sauce for 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Add 1 tbsp. of cooking oil to a wok over high heat and sauté vegetables for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. cooking oil to wok over high heat. Add marinated chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables, ½ cup of remaining Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Stir Fry Sauce and cornstarch. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until sauce thickens in consistency. Serve.
The Sriracha Barbecue and Sriracha Stir-Fry Sauces are available at Albertson's, Kroger, and Jewel, and will roll out to other national supermarkets within the next few months.
For more information about Lee Kum Kee, please visit www.LKK.com.
About Lee Kum Kee
Established in China in 1888, Lee Kum Kee is dedicated to promoting Chinese culinary culture worldwide by making it easy for people to enjoy authentic, restaurant-quality Asian tastes and flavors at-home, through its delicious line of savory Chinese and Asian sauces and condiments. Lee Kum Kee's offerings include more than 200 authentic options, such as Premium Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Oyster Flavored Sauce, Sriracha Chili Sauce, Sriracha Mayo and the convenient Panda Brand Ready Sauces. The company's rich 128-year heritage, coupled with its dedication to traditional Asian cuisine, has positioned it as an evolving global market leader and pioneer with a presence in more than 100 countries and five continents. Lee Kum Kee products can be found at international retailers and specialty stores, or online at www.LKK.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lee-kum-kee-turns-up-the-heat-with-expanded-sriracha-offerings-300261479.html
SOURCE Lee Kum Kee