NEW YORK, June 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- LEGO Brand Retail, Inc. today announced a new in-store LEGO® brick-themed birthday party experience for children ages 5-14, exclusively available at the LEGO® Store: Flatiron District. Beginning today, families can reserve a Saturday or Sunday time between June 11 and October 30 to celebrate their child's birthday. Guided by two LEGO Brick Specialists, children will take part in hands-on LEGO building activities and group challenges, and take home a LEGO-themed party favor.
Designed with a child's desire for creative play in mind, the 90-minute parties incorporate personalized building activities, guided mini-model builds and fun competitive building challenges for a one-of-a-kind celebration. Each party features a variety of fun building prompts and unique favors including:
- Exclusive Mini-Model Build: build and take home a mini birthday cake LEGO model, only available from the LEGO Store: Flatiron District
- Group Play: team up to tackle building challenges, such as creating the tallest LEGO brick tower or strongest LEGO bridge
- Free Build Time: unleash your imagination to build anything you want during free build time
- Pick-a-Brick Wall: take a trip to the iconic store wall to fill your box with any LEGO bricks and elements you desire, all of which go home with you at the end of the party
- Story Starter Building: use any bricks you pick to create models based on themed story starters, as chosen by party hosts
- Party Favors for Everyone: take home a bag full of the day's builds, sticker sheets and more. The birthday child's bag also includes custom t-shirt, frame and photo of the day.
- Brick-Themed Party Kit: prepare for the event with LEGO-themed invitations and thank you cards
- Birthday Treats: party hosts are welcome to bring their treat of choice to serve during the party
"Our Flatiron store birthday party program provides New York City families with one of the most requested store experiences—an immersive, hands-on LEGO building celebration right inside the iconic store," said Michael McNally, senior director, brand relations for LEGO Systems. "The themed builds and varied activities will help spur creative building that can continue long after the celebration ends, making each party a perfect way to kick off a new year in a child's life."
Interested families are encouraged to book early due to limited availability by visiting the LEGO Store: Flatiron District to book their party today. A $100 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration. Parities can accommodate up to 10 children with a cost of of $40 per child. For more information, visit the LEGO Store: Flatiron District, located at 200 Fifth Avenue (@ 23rd Street), New York, NY 10010 or call 212-255-3217. Store hours are Monday through Saturday, 10am-8pm and Sunday, 11am-6pm.
About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group is a privately held, family-owned company with headquarters in Billund, Denmark, and main offices in Enfield, USA, London, UK, Shanghai, China, and Singapore. Founded in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, and based on the iconic LEGO® brick, it is one of the world's leading manufacturers of play materials. Guided by the company spirit: "Only the best is good enough", the company is committed to the development of children and aims to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through creative play and learning. LEGO products are sold worldwide and can be virtually explored at www.LEGO.com.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure, and the brick and knob configuration are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2016 the LEGO Group.
Shelby Quickstad, Flashpoint PR
650-996-4855 / email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lego-store-flatiron-district-announces-in-store-birthday-party-program-availability-300280096.html
SOURCE LEGO Systems, Inc.