SÃO PAULO, Dec. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Multinational company National Oilwell Varco (NOV) broadened its network services with Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) to include infrastructure and VPN services, Local Area Network (LAN-to-LAN) connection, internet link and data center services.
The oil and gas company needed to improve connectivity and expand its internet performance throughout the region.
- Benefits from the new services include more reliable communications and connections internally, better connectivity for NOV's operation overall and less risk of power issues and outages.
- NOV is using Level 3's Rio de Janeiro data center servers and equipment, freeing up physical space in their headquarters in Rio de Janeiro.
- The implementation process for the new services was carried out on time and on budget with no disruption to NOV's service.
Level 3 Key Facts:
- Level 3 owns and operates three data centers in Brazil and more than 360 worldwide.
- Level 3 data centers are managed on-site by a team of specialized technicians and have direct connectivity to its more than 320,000 km fiber network with metro market reach in more than 60 countries.
- The company received the Tier III Certification for Design Documents, from the Uptime Institute, for its data center in Rio de Janeiro, which reflects high design standards in the infrastructure and capacity of the data center.
- Level 3's data centers in Curitiba, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro received Compliance certificates for applicable parts of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard – PCI DSS, confirming that the company's Colocation Services in its three Brazilian data centers meet all the security standards outlined in requirements 9 and 12 of PCI DSS version 3.2.
Victor Rizzo, IT Manager Latin America, National Oilwell Varco
"Level 3 has been fundamental in helping us expand our network as well as in managing more easily and efficiently the rapid growth we've been experiencing in the past few years."
Marcos Malfatti, Senior Vice President and Executive Director Brazil, Level 3
"Offering the flexibility that enables our customers to prosper has been a fundamental differentiator of Level 3 in Brazil. Our reliable service, competent specialists and solid infrastructure allow us to provide National Oilwell Varco with a powerful solution for their technology, connectivity and internet service needs."
About National Oilwell Varco
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a multinational company responsible for equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling. It is headquartered in Houston, Texas and has been in the market for 150 years. The company has been present in Brazil for the past 30 years, in several cities in the country such as Macaé, Campos, Betim, Jaceaba, Santos, Serra and Recife. Its Brazilian branch counts on more than 2000 employees. http://www.nov.com/Brazil.aspx
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
The information contained under the title "About National Oilwell Varco" is provided by National Oilwell Varco, being the company solely responsible for its content.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/level-3-expands-network-services-for-national-oilwell-varco-300377852.html
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.