ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA and Verizon Wireless today announced that the LG G Pad 8.3 LTE tablet will be starting March 6 online and in stores. To kick off the launch, the tablet will be available for $99.99 with a new, two-year activation from March 6 until March 10. After March 10, users can purchase the tablet for $199.99 with a new, two-year activation. Customers can add the tablet to their More Everything plan for an additional $10 per month.
Combining the perfect tablet with Verizon's 4G LTE network, the LG G Pad 8.3 LTE provides smooth, seamless connectivity, whether for business or fun. Pairing easily with many Android smartphones such as the award-winning LG G2, and using the Q Pair™ App*, LG G Pad 8.3 delivers speedy access to online entertainment content and productivity tools.
"Tablets have become a key focus for consumers seeking riveting entertainment experiences and a go-to form factor for users who require a larger device that doesn't sacrifice power for portability," said Morris Lee, senior vice president and head of North American sales and marketing, LG Mobile Communications Company. "With its big clear display and an easy-to-hold form-factor, the LG G Pad 8.3 LTE on Verizon Wireless is perfect for personal use or entertaining a group of friends, family or colleagues."
The LG G Pad 8.3 LTE weighs less than a pound and fits in the palm of your hand, yet it boasts an 8.3-inch Full HD IPS display with 273 pixels-per-inch, optimized for viewing movies, TV shows and social media or reviewing email and presentations. The slim bezel provides near edge-to-edge viewing, revealing a bright, sharp picture from virtually every angle. Using LG Knock, the display can even be used to wake up and put the tablet to sleep with two taps.
A Tablet Turbocharged for More Efficient Multi-Tasking
The LG G Pad 8.3 LTE is a powerful tablet with a 1.5 GHz Quad Core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processor and a 4,600 mAh battery, providing plenty of power to get through the day. Intuitive and easy to use, the LG G Pad 8.3 LTE tablet features a robust suite of multi-tasking capabilities and features including Q Pair, QSlide™ Function and Slide Aside™.
- The Q Pair App links and syncs LG G Pad 8.3 LTE with Android smartphones to receive alerts for incoming calls, replies to text messages, viewing social network updates and easily creating and saving notes between devices with QuickMemo Transfer.
- The QSlide Function lets users take advantage of LG G Pad 8.3 LTE's spacious display by multi-tasking in two windows that float on top of the screen and can be adjustable in both size and transparency.
- With Slide Aside, users can switch and juggle tasks between three different apps.
Key Device Features
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Quad Core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600
- Display: 8.3-inch, Full HD IPS (1920x1200 pixels/273 ppi)
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC ROM; microSD Slot up to 64 GB
- Main Camera: 5MP AF BSI
- Front Camera: 1.3 MP
- Battery: 4,600 mAh Li-Polymer
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
- Size: 8.54" (H) x 4.98" (W) x 0.35" (D)
- Weight: 11.99 oz.
- Connectivity: Verizon's 4G LTE Network and Coverage
For more information and details about the LG G Pad 8.3 LTE on Verizon Wireless, please visit LG online at www.lg.com.
*Connectivity with Android phones and all QPair functionality only compatible with phones running Android 4.1 or later.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $52 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud 2013 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. www.lg.com.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA