HOUSTON, March 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Official NCAA Corporate Partner LG Electronics USA is primed to help fans in Houston for the NCAA Men's Final Four weekend "Do Game Day Right®" with interactive experiences at two fan-favorite events, the "Tip Off Tailgate Presented by Infiniti" and Final Four Fan Fest presented by Capitol One®. To jumpstart the big weekend, LG is releasing the next wave of exclusive March Madness® statistics* as part of the official "LG Color Commentator Series" with ESPN College Basketball Analyst, Jay Bilas.
"Our favorite part of partnering with the NCAA is having the opportunity to tap into such a lively and passionate fan base that really embodies the spirit of our brand with its positive, good-willed nature," said David VanderWaal, vice president of marketing of LG Electronics USA. "We look forward to Final Four weekend because it's when we can interact directly with fans and they can see for themselves how LG's 'Do Game Day Right' mantra comes to life through our products and the experiences they provide."
Between the Tip Off Tailgate, which is hosted on NRG® stadium grounds, and Final Four Fan Fest, located at the George R. Brown Convention Center, March Madness fans of all ages will be able to partake in a variety of interactive experiences with dozens of innovative LG products, including OLED TVs, smartphones and home appliances. Activities will include:
- The "Speed Cycle Challenge" in which fans will have 20 seconds to toss as many jerseys as they can into an LG TWIN Wash™, an industry-first laundry innovation that can wash two loads separately at the same time.
- LG's "Fill-the-Fridge Challenge" in which fans have 15 seconds to look into a fully-stocked LG refrigerator and guess the total number of Powerades for a prize.
- The "Call the Shot Dubsmash" in which fans record a 10-second dubsmash video and pretend to call a college basketball broadcasting legend's signature catchphrases.
- LG's "OLED 4K Experience" station in which fans can view original hoops content on LG OLED 4K TVs with perfect blacks and colors that are bolder and more lifelike than ever.
- The "Prize Wheel" in which fans can spin a digital wheel for a chance to win LG prizes.
The prizes for fans who participate throughout the weekend will range from an LG 55-inch Class OLED TV to an LG Black Stainless Steel Series Refrigerator to other LG swag, including an original basketball hat. Attendees will also have the opportunity to sign LG's "Letter of Intent," which is a commitment to living greener by joining LG in taking the "Change the World – Start with ENERGY STAR®" pledge.
Also preparing fans for Final Four weekend, LG color commentator Bilas highlighted statistics released today that focus on how teams with different colored uniforms performed specifically in the Final Four. As color experts – with OLED TVs that produce more than a billion rich colors and the TWIN Wash that washes two separate loads of laundry at once, to protect your home and away uniform colors – LG is giving NCAA fans an edge with new uniform color statistics throughout the tournament.
Here are some of the key findings, which were verified by Elias Sports Bureau*:
- En Fuego: Teams with the highest points per game wore red (74.3), orange (73.8) and blue (71.6).
- The Blue Wall: Teams with the fewest points-per-game-allowed wore blue (70.0), green (72.0) and purple (73.5).
- Orange Juice: Teams with the highest field goal percentage wore orange (45.9%), red (44.7%) and yellow (43.7%).
- Buckets From Beyond the Arc: Teams with the highest 3-point field goal percentage wore orange (38.6%), red (36%) and yellow (35.9%).
- Brick City: Teams with the lowest 3-point field goal percentage wore purple (0%, 0-for-6), green (29.7%) and black (30.2%).
- Welcome Home, Champ: Teams wearing white jerseys during the championship game are 13-3.
- Lucky 7s: Teams wearing white jerseys have won each of the last seven championship games.
For March Madness fans attending the Final Four games or enjoying from home, please visit www.LGGameDay.com for great color statistics and tips on how to create the best game day experience.
LG and logo are trademarks of LG Corp. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
*Statistics researched and verified by Elias Sport Bureau. Statistics only encompass the performance of teams that made it to the Final Four from 1985 to 2015, not all teams in the tournament from those years. 'Team color' refers to the dominant color that represents that college and not necessarily the color that the team wore in a particular game, unless specified.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force and technology leader in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud 2015 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LG.com.
About the NCAA
The NCAA is a diverse association of more than 1,100 member colleges and universities that prioritize academics, well-being and fairness to create greater opportunities for nearly half a million student-athletes each year. The NCAA provides a pathway to higher education and beyond for student-athletes pursuing academic goals and competing in NCAA sports. More than 54,000 student-athletes experience the pinnacle of intercollegiate athletics by competing in NCAA championships each year. Visit ncaa.org and ncaa.com for more details about the Association and the corporate partnerships that support the NCAA and its student-athletes. The NCAA is proud to have AT&T, Capital One and Coca-Cola as official corporate champions and the following elite companies as official corporate partners: Allstate, Amazon Echo, Bing (Microsoft), Buffalo Wild Wings, Buick, Enterprise, Infiniti, LG, Lowe's, Nabisco, Northwestern Mutual, Reese's, Unilever and UPS.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lg-electronics-helps-college-basketball-fans-do-game-day-right-at-ncaa-final-four-weekend-300242233.html
SOURCE LG Electronics USA