STAMFORD, Conn., Sept. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Link AKC, a company dedicated to improving the bond between dog and owner, today debuted the LINK AKC™ smart collar. The LINK AKC™ smart collar and app represent new advancements in a burgeoning category that combines sophisticated smart home, wearable and mobile technologies. Both the collar and app were designed by Link AKC's dog-loving team of fashion, tech, mobile and canine experts. The LINK AKC smart collar is now available for reservation and pre-sale for $199 at www.linkakc.com, and is expected to ship by December 28, 2016.
Beautifully adorned in high quality, durable latigo leather, the LINK AKC smart collar is the only convex-shaped smart device designed to comfortably fit the natural shape of a dog's neck. The LINK AKC smart collar is endorsed by the American Kennel Club, which has worked to advance canine health and well-being and to promote responsible dog ownership since 1884. Through its proprietary, patent-pending platform, the LINK AKC app helps owners take a more informed and active role in managing their dogs' well-being and to feel connected to their dogs when apart.
"We feel strongly that the growing market of passionate and dedicated dog owners deserves technology that actually fits their lifestyle, and that of their dogs. We designed the LINK AKC smart collar with a distinct purpose to create a bridge that will take the bond between dog and human to new levels," said Michael Basone, Chief Operating Officer of Link AKC. "We can also say with confidence that there's nothing quite like the LINK AKC smart collar in the market today, and that we plan to be the leader in a new, but rapidly growing category," he said.
Primary features of the LINK AKC™ smart collar include:
- GPS and location tracking: The LINK AKC smart collar gives dog owners peace of mind with the ability to track the dog's location with the push of a button and to set custom notification alerts if the dog becomes loose.
- Activity monitoring and insights: The LINK AKC smart collar provides insightful activity recommendations to help owners take a more informed role in managing their dogs' wellness. Owners can monitor and track their dogs' daily activity levels to help ensure their dogs are getting the right level of activity for the dog's breed, age, and size.
- Remote-controlled light: The LINK AKC smart collar is the only smart collar with a remote- controlled light to help an owner find their dog in the dark.
- Adventures: Owners can create a scrapbook with the touch of a button to easily capture special adventures and save precious memories. Owners can easily share these adventures with friends on social media.
- Temperature: Dog owners will be alerted when the dog is in an environment that may be too hot or cold.
The LINK AKC smart collar also has many other features that can help make dog ownership easier such as the ability to consolidate veterinary, health and other important dog-related reminders, personalized breed and lifestyle insights, and a remote turn-on buzzer for training.
Included with the LINK AKC smart collar is an elegant and unobtrusively designed base station that:
- Creates a virtual fence / safe "home" zone for the dog via a Bluetooth beacon to the LINK AKC smart collar;
- Serves as charger for the LINK AKC smart collar with an LED battery level indicator;
- Serves as a cell phone charger for the owner's phone, as it is the only smart collar base station with a USB port.
By bringing together fashion and lifestyle designers with industry veterans in mobile and wearable technology, Link AKC has been able to create the most sophisticated platform made up of a smart collar, base station and mobile app available today. Link AKC is poised for industry leadership thanks to its best in class team, knowledge and presence in the canine industry through The American Kennel Club, placement at the intersection of a rapidly-growing demand for high-end pet accessories, and the increased adoption of connected home devices.
The LINK AKC smart collar can be reserved today for $199, via www.linkakc.com, and is expected to ship by December 28, 2016. Each LINK AKC smart collar requires the owner to sign up for a monthly membership, which includes the owner's choice of service plan, in order to activate the device and access the features of the LINK AKC platform; memberships begin at $6.95 per month with a two-year commitment.
Dog lovers are encouraged to join the Link AKC community on Facebook http://bit.ly/LinkAKCFacebook and to follow LINK AKC on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/linkakc/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/Link_AKC.
About Link AKC
Link AKC is a company dedicated to enhancing the bond between dogs and owners and to help make dog ownership easier. The Link AKC team is a group of dog lovers, tech experts and designers who have combined the best of design and technology to elevate dog wearables to a lifestyle product category that epitomizes the evolution of best in breed smart home, wearable and mobile technology. By tapping into The American Kennel Club's 132 years of devotion to our best friends, Link AKC is able to help owners better understand their dogs.
For additional information please contact:
Kara Pinato, Spark for Link AKC
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160926/411844
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160926/411841
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160926/411842
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160926/411843LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/link-akc-smart-collar-designed-to-strengthen-the-bond-between-dog-and-owner-now-available-for-reservation-and-pre-sale-300334494.html
SOURCE Link AKC