LivingSocial Launches Instant Escapes to Help Members Discover Weekend Retreats
New Service Helps Spontaneous Travelers Discover Last-Minute Options for Timely Escapes
WASHINGTON, Nov. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- LivingSocial today launched Instant Escapes, a new service that makes it easy for members to be inspired by and book great weekend trips at the last minute. Available online or via the LivingSocial mobile app under the Escapes tab, Instant Escapes become available every Wednesday and are good for stays for the upcoming weekend only. Instant Escapes complement the weekly collection of LivingSocial Escapes that are sent to members via email each week.
"Instant Escapes puts LivingSocial at the forefront of innovation in the travel industry and is a true win-win for both our members and our travel partners," said Doug Miller, senior vice president, LivingSocial new initiatives. "Instant Escapes inspires our members to seek new experiences and gives them the flexibility to enjoy a nice weekend getaway when they've found some unexpected free time, while it also gives our merchants the ability to quickly and easily fill unoccupied rooms during unexpected slow periods."
The inaugural collection of Instant Escapes launched today gives travelers a variety of unique weekend vacation experiences to choose from, including:
- $139 per night at the Larkspur Hotel in San Francisco's Union Square, which also includes a $15 credit to the on-site Bar 1915 and a $75 credit to rent a luxury car from www.higear.com;
- $265 per night for a superior queen room at The Hudson Hotel in the Hell's Kitchen area of New York City, as well as free WiFi, late check-out and continental breakfast for two; and
- $84 per night at The Madison in Washington, D.C., with a complimentary room upgrade and late check-out.
Launched on November 10, 2010, LivingSocial Escapes is known for providing travelers with easy access to handpicked vacation experiences at a variety of locations from boutique city-market hotels to expansive resorts in tropical destinations. In its first year, LivingSocial Escapes has sold nearly 600,000 room nights at more than 800 different properties around the world.
For more information or to book your next trip with LivingSocial Escapes or LivingSocial Instant Escapes, visit www.LivingSocial.com/escapes.
In addition to LivingSocial Escapes, members can find even more fun with:
- LivingSocial Adventures – one-of-a-kind excursions and events in and around your city, personally guided by LivingSocial Adventures employees;
- LivingSocial Daily Deals — handpicked local offers delivered each morning encouraging local discovery;
- LivingSocial Families — local, family-friendly experiences selected to help parents and kids discover hidden gems around town; and
- LivingSocial Instant Deals — real-time, instant offerings delivered via smartphones and the web helping answer the question, "What is cool to do right now?"
LivingSocial helps people around the world find, share and enjoy great local deals and new experiences. We'll help you get more out of your city. Through its daily deal e-mails and alerts, LivingSocial introduces members to handpicked local businesses, products or services each day at significant savings. With a range of products for different interests, like Families and Adventures, LivingSocial helps delight members with the perfect deal for them. Other services include LivingSocial Escapes, which features easy "vacations in a box" to leading destinations, and LivingSocial Instant, which helps members discover real-time discounts at nearby restaurants, stores and businesses. LivingSocial works with each merchant partner to create customized marketing solutions that attract and retain loyal, long-term customers. Based in Washington, D.C., LivingSocial now has more than 47 million members in 25 countries.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.