Log Cabin Republicans Recognize Republican Leaders and Allies at 2010 Log Cabin Republicans National Dinner
WASHINGTON, Sept. 20 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Wednesday, September 22nd, Log Cabin Republicans will honor allies at their National Dinner to advance an inclusive Republican Party. The National Dinner will be headlined by Representative Pete Sessions (R-TX), Chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee; Representative Judy Biggert (R-IL); Representative Anh 'Joseph' Cao (R-LA); Representative Charles Djou (R-HI); Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL); Grover Norquist, President, Americans for Tax Reform; and Nick Herbert MP, Minister of State for Police Reform/Justice (UK).
Log Cabin Republicans will present the Spirit of Lincoln Award, which recognizes leaders and allies who have been steadfast supporters of the fight for equal rights to:
- Representative Judy Biggert (R-IL)
- Representative Anh 'Joseph' Cao (R-LA)
- Representative Charles Djou (R-HI)
- Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), Ranking Republican, House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Nick Herbert MP, Minister of State for Police Reform/Justice (UK)
Log Cabin Republicans will present the Barry Goldwater Award, which recognizes leaders in the Republican Party who have served their nation with distinction in the model of the late Senator Barry Goldwater to:
- Senator John Cornyn (R-TX), Chairman National Republican Senatorial Committee
- Representative Pete Sessions (R-TX), Chairman Republican National Congressional Committee
Log Cabin Republicans will present the Ronald Reagan Award, which recognizes leaders and members of Log Cabin Republicans who have helped champion the fight for creating a more inclusive Republican Party to:
- Craig Engle, General Counsel, Log Cabin Republicans; Partner, Arent Fox LLP
Log Cabin Republicans will present the National Grassroots Leader Award, which recognizes champions who advocate core conservative principles of limited government, lower taxes, a strong national defense, individual liberty and a confident foreign policy to:
- Grover Norquist, President, Americans for Tax Reform
Log Cabin Republicans will present the Uncommon Courage Award, which recognizes individuals who have distinguished themselves in their commitment to equality for all, often facing significant adversity to:
- John Alexander Nicholson, III, Plaintiff, Log Cabin Republicans v. United States of America; Executive Director, Servicemembers United
"Log Cabin Republicans is fortunate to stand at this point in history, part of a Republican Party which recognizes the need for inclusion and unity around core conservative values," said Log Cabin Republicans Executive Director R. Clarke Cooper. "We celebrate our achievements and look forward to working with these and other allies in our mission of providing basic fairness for gay and lesbian Americans and re-building a stronger Republican majority."
Log Cabin Republicans promotes legislation to provide basic fairness for gay and lesbian Americans and works to build a more inclusive GOP. The 30-year old organization has state and local chapters nationwide, a full-time office in Washington, DC, a federal political action committee and state political action committees.
SOURCE Log Cabin Republicans
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.