NEW YORK, Nov. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- L'Oréal Paris honored the 2016 Women of Worth for making an extraordinary difference in their communities at the 11th annual Women of Worth celebration last night at The Pierre Hotel in New York City. The 10 Honorees are featured on WomenofWorth.com and join the 100 Women of Worth from the past 10 years as a collective force driven by empathy and passion to change the world. Each of the 2016 Honorees was awarded a $10,000 grant for her philanthropic organization. Carly Yoost, co-founder of the Child Rescue Coalition, who was selected by online public vote as National Honoree, received an additional $25,000 for her cause.
Among the evening's accolades, was the announcement of the Karen T. Fondu Impact Award, presented to 2008 Women of Worth Honoree Areva Martin of the Special Needs Network, Inc. The award was renamed in tribute to L'Oréal Paris President Karen T. Fondu who will retire at the end of the year after 37 years with the organization. In her tenure, Fondu was a fearless champion, working tirelessly to expand the Women of Worth initiative and to reinforce L'Oréal Paris'mission to elevate the Honorees by providing a platform to share their stories.
"The celebration of our 2016 Honorees commemorates a new decade for Women of Worth, empowered by the strength and tenacity of women who are unwavering in their commitment to transforming lives and helping others," said L'Oréal Paris President, Karen T. Fondu. "The 2016 Women of Worth are vibrant and extraordinary heroes who embody how L'Oréal Paris celebrates the intrinsic worth and beauty innate to every woman and I am so proud that our brand serves as a catalyst to help them take their philanthropic organizations to new heights."
WOMEN OF WORTH LIMITED-EDITION GIFTBOX AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM
During the event, Karen T. Fondu shared news of the first-ever L'Oréal Paris Women of Worth Giftbox, a limited-edition collection of some of the brand's most iconic beauty products: Colour Riche La Palette Lip in Nude, Voluminous Primer Mascara, Colour Riche Pocket Palette in French Bisque, Voluminous Original Mascara. This year, L'Oréal Paris is donating $5,000 more to each of the 2016 Women of Worth, in addition to the $10,000 grant they each receive for their causes. Consumers can show their support by purchasing the limited edition L'Oréal Paris Women of Worth Giftbox. The L'Oréal Paris Women of Worth Giftbox is available exclusively at Amazon.com for $24.99, while supplies last.
NATIONAL WOMEN OF WORTH HONOREE: CARLY YOOST
The 2016 Women of Worth National Honoree Carly Yoost, co-founder of the Child Rescue Coalition, was selected by thousands of votes cast through the L'Oréal Paris website and social channels. The additional $25,000 grant will help the Boca Raton, Fl. resident further her organization's mission to develop and use child protective technology to help global law enforcement officials rescue children from predators and potential sexual attacks. In the last four years, the data provided by the Child Rescue Coalition has led to the arrest of more than 8,000 child predators and the rescue of nearly 2,000 children who were targets of potential sexual abuse.
INAUGURAL KAREN T. FONDU IMPACT AWARD HONOREE: AREVA MARTIN
2008 Women of Worth Honoree Areva Martin from Los Angeles, CA received the Karen T. Fondu Impact Award for demonstrating extraordinary success in the time since she was named a Women of Worth Honoree. The award provided a $10,000 grant from L'Oréal Paris for the Special Needs Network, a voice and advocacy organization for South Central Los Angeles' special needs community. The organization was founded after Areva's son Marty was diagnosed with autism at the age of 2 and she became aware of the challenges faced by families affected by developmental disabilities in underserved communities. Since its inception, the Special Needs Network has provided services and resources for over 20,000 families.
2016 WOMEN OF WORTH HONOREES
The 2016 Women of Worth join the L'Oréal Paris family as part of a year-round program that provides the Women of Worth Honorees with a platform to tell their stories and share their causes with the world. The 2016 Honorees stories are on WomenofWorth.com and include:
- Monica Gray – New York, N.Y.; Founder, DreamWakers, a nonprofit dedicated to connecting underserved children with educational career support and mentorship by using the power of free video technologies to virtually connect professional leaders and diverse role models with 4th-12th grade students.
- Sandra Gunn – Arnold, Md.; Founder, LESLIE'S WEEK, a nonprofit that donates vacation homes to families of women with Stage IV Metastatic Breast Cancer.
- Marian Hamilton – Armonk, N.Y.; Founder, The Ken Hamilton Caregivers Center, an "oasis" for caregivers at Northern Westchester Hospital to take time for themselves and to freely receive assistance and emotional counseling from a team of two social workers or 34 volunteers.
- Jessica Kidd – Ruther Glen, Va.; Founder, Gracie's Gowns, a nonprofit donating personalized hospital gowns to children battling life-threatening conditions.
- Diane Latiker – Chicago, Ill.; Founder, Kids Off the Block, an organization that helps low-income, at-risk youth find positive alternatives to gangs, drugs, truancy, violence, and the juvenile justice system.
- Nadya Okamoto – Portland, Ore.; Formerly homeless teen who founded Camions of Care to provide menstrual hygiene management services to women in need.
- Debbie Sardone – Flower Mound, TX; Founder of Cleaning for a Reason, inspires residential cleaning service firms to offer four months of free, monthly household cleaning sessions for women with cancer.
- Orlaith Staunton – New York, N.Y.; Co-founder of Rory Staunton Foundation for Sepsis Prevention, an organization that raises awareness about Sepsis prevention she established after losing her son Rory to Sepsis in 2012.
- Kathy Tillotson – Huntington Beach, Calif.; Founder, Build Futures, an organization that gets homeless kids off the streets quickly, finds them permanent housing and helps them become self-sufficient.
To learn more about Women of Worth and watch the Honorees' stories, visit WomenofWorth.com, and L'Oréal Paris on Facebook and Twitter . Follow the conversation using the hashtag #WomenofWorth, by tagging @LOrealMakeup on Instagram and by following on Snapchat at @lorealmakeup.
QUOTES OF THE NIGHT
- "The beauty of Women of Worth is our ability as a company to shine a spotlight on these extraordinary women," said L'Oréal Paris President Karen T. Fondu. "By so doing, we help them to accelerate and amplify their organizations so they can help so many more people."
- "These are everyday women who are making small differences that make a huge impact on the world." – Eva Longoria
- "I came here with perfect L'Oréal Paris makeup, I promise. But I've cried it all off here. My mom is a stage 4 breast cancer survivor so I know how firsthand how important these women and their work are." - Karlie Kloss
ABOUT L'ORÉAL PARIS
The L'Oréal Paris division of L'Oréal USA, Inc. is a total beauty care brand dedicated to empowering women by offering the most luxurious and innovative products and services available in the mass market. The brand's signature tagline, "Because I'm Worth It," was born in the United States in 1971 to celebrate the beauty and intrinsic self-worth of women, and for more than 100 years, L'Oréal Paris has been providing women around the world with products in four major beauty categories: hair color, haircare, skincare and cosmetics. With L'Oréal's invention of hair color in 1909, the brand continues to serve as the leading innovator of hair products across color, care, and styling with brands such as Superior Preference, Féria, Excellence Crème, Advanced Haircare, Advanced Hairstyle, Elnett Satin Hairspray, the Ever collection, and OleoTherapy. As the #1 skin aging expert worldwide, L'Oréal Paris provides scientifically-advanced skincare products that are clinically proven to address individual skin concerns through its renowned brands Revitalift, Age Perfect, Sublime Bronze, and Advanced Suncare. In 2014, L'Oréal Paris changed the way women interact with makeup by introducing Makeup Genius, an app that allows users to scan a L'Oréal Paris product or advertisement to virtually try on individual products or curated looks. L'Oréal Paris' iconic cosmetics collections include Infallible, True Match, Colour Riche, Voluminous, and Visible Lift. For more information about L'Oréal Paris and to receive personalized advice, expert tips, and exclusive content , please visit http://www.lorealparisusa.com/ or follow on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr @LOrealParisUSA.
Golin for L'Oréal Paris
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/loreal-paris-honors-2016-women-of-worth-and-launches-limited-edition-giftbox-announces-national-honoree-carly-yoost-and-karen-t-fondu-impact-award-recipient-areva-martin-300365533.html
SOURCE L’Oréal Paris