HACKETTSTOWN, N.J., May 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Mars Chocolate North America announced today the launch of several new flavor extensions to consumers' favorite chocolate brands, including SNICKERS® Hazelnut, TWIX® White Chocolate Cookie Bars, DOVE® Sorbet Bars, DOVE® Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate PROMISES® and a wide range of seasonal offerings for these brands, plus M&M'S®, MILKY WAY® and 3 MUSKETEERS® Brands. Mars Chocolate is unveiling these innovations, along with new consumer promotions and merchandising displays, at the National Confectioners Association (NCA) Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago this week.
"Consumers are always excited to try new flavors combined with their favorite chocolate brands," explains Timothy LeBel, Vice President of Sales, Mars Chocolate North America. "Through extensive consumer research, we've created line extensions that will resonate with shoppers. For example, confections containing hazelnuts have increased 14 percent in sales, so consumers will want to try our limited edition SNICKERS® Hazelnut. We also believe our new TWIX® White Chocolate Cookie Bars will be a hit, since the white chocolate segment is growing."
Following are new items that Mars Chocolate is unwrapping at the NCA Expo.
- SNICKERS® Hazelnut satisfies with everything consumers love about SNICKERS®—peanuts, caramel and nougat covered in milk chocolate—with the addition of delicious hazelnuts. (December 2016, $.99 - $1.09 for 1.76-ounce Single, $1.69-$1.79 for 3.23-ounce 2 to Go)
- TWIX® White Chocolate Cookie Bars feature two crunchy cookie bars covered with smooth caramel and enrobed in creamy white chocolate. This limited edition item is sure to please, as white chocolate continues to grow in popularity. (October 2016, $0.99-$1.09 for a single package of two bars)
- M&M'S® Candies in Red, White and Blue are perfect for celebrating patriotic holidays such as Memorial Day and Independence Day. The tri-color combination is available in both milk chocolate and peanut chocolate varieties. (April 2016, $9.99 for 42-ounce SUP, $3.29 for 11.4-ounce bag, $1.79 for 3.14- and 3.27-ounce Sharing Size)
- DOVE® Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate PROMISES® will launch nationally, based on strong consumer demand and test performance. Each individually wrapped piece is a delicious combination of silky smooth DOVE® Dark Chocolate and peanut butter crème. (April 2017, $4.09 - $4.79 for a 7.94-ounce laydown bag)
- DOVE® Sorbet Bars offer the refreshing and delicious taste of chocolate-covered berries with a frozen, fruity twist. Juicy sorbet is dipped in silky-smooth DOVE® Chocolate. At 150 calories per bar, they're available in two flavors: DOVE® Strawberry Sorbet with Milk Chocolate and DOVE® Raspberry Sorbet with Dark Chocolate. (Spring 2016, $4.95 for a 6-bar box)
- The Halloween 2016 Line Up include new SNICKERS® Crisper FUN SIZE®, DOVE® Milk Chocolate TREAT SIZE and Crunchy & Crispy Lovers Mix Variety Stand-up Pouch.
- New Items for Christmas 2016 include SNICKERS® Brand & MILKY WAY® Brand Bites Mixed Ornament Pouches, TWIX® Brand Minis Cane for the Holidays and DOVE® Brand PROMISES® Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate Large Gift Box.
- Valentine's Day 2017 new offerings include M&M'S® Milk Chocolate Cupid's Messages, TWIX® FUN SIZE® Valentine's Exchange Bag, and a DOVE® Milk Chocolate Creamy Caramel Premium Heart Tin.
In addition to new products, at the NCA Expo, Mars Chocolate and Wrigley will share shopper insights, displays, and consumer promotions. "To help our retail partners drive sales, we create promotions that encourage consumers to spend time with friends and family celebrating key moments," says LeBel. "This includes holidays, sporting events and movies. For example, M&M'S®, SNICKERS® and SKITTLES® Brands sponsor the No. 18 Toyota Camry, piloted by Kyle Busch who was the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion."
Retailers at the Expo won't want to miss the panel discussion "Meeting Consumers' Needs in the Transaction Zone." A panel of shopper experience experts from Wrigley, Mars Chocolate, Walgreens and WD Partners will lead an insight-filled discussion about how manufacturers and retailers can maximize new and existing transaction zones by adapting to current trends in the retail environment to fulfill shopper needs at check out. The session will take place May 25, at 3:00 p.m., in the Sweet Insights Theater in the West Hall of McCormick Place.
Additionally, Wrigley, another subsidiary of Mars Incorporated, will be unveiling new products that give consumers more great choices from trusted brands including Orbit® White, Starburst® Gummies in Original and Sour flavors, Skittles America Mix and more. Orbit has recently unveiled a new global creative platform called "Time to Shine" which celebrates the potential of what can happen when you're feeling confident and ready for life's defining moments. Wrigley is also celebrating the growth of Skittles and the expansion of the company's Yorkville facility.
Retailers can contact their Mars Chocolate representative for details on product innovations, consumer promotions and shopper insights and visit www.marspresskit.com.
About Mars, Incorporated
In 1911, Frank C. Mars made the first Mars candies in his Tacoma, Washington kitchen and established Mars' first roots as a confectionery company. In the 1920s, Forrest E. Mars, Sr. joined his father in business and together they launched the MILKY WAY® bar. In 1932, Forrest, Sr. moved to the United Kingdom with a dream of building a business based on the objective of creating a "mutuality of benefits for all stakeholders" – this objective serves as the foundation of Mars, Incorporated today. Based in McLean, Virginia, Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M'S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN'S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
For more information, please visit www.mars.com. Follow us: facebook.com/mars, twitter.com/marsglobal, youtube.com/mars, linkedin.com/company/mars.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mars-chocolate-north-america-unwraps-new-flavors-for-snickers-twix-and-dove-brands-300272271.html
SOURCE Mars Chocolate North America