Eight Ways to Winterize your Skincare Routine
- Turn up the moisturizer. When you find yourself turning the heat on at home, it's probably time to switch to a more hydrating moisturizer. Cold temps mean dry skin and it's no fun feeling like your skin is flaking. Our 60-minute Customized Healthy Skin Facial* keeps your skin extra moisturized with products like Murad's Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture and Renewing Eye Cream applied following the service. For guys, we offer a facial designed to treat men's specific concerns, including wear and tear from the elements outside.
- Keep SPF handy. The harsh winter sun can actually do double damage on your skin by reflecting off snow. We recommend using a daily hydrating moisturizer with SPF like Murad's Essential-C Day Moisture.
- Hydrate internally. Good skincare isn't just about hydrating from the outside; you must also hydrate internally by eating water-rich foods that stay in your body longer and can give do more for your skin than simply drinking water. Try vegetables like green pepper, cauliflower and spinach, which are hydrating choices.
- Protect your pucker. Your lips are skin, too. In fact, they're most susceptible to drying out in the winter months. Take care of them with a gentle lip exfoliation to get rid of excess dry skin using a small amount of sugar scrub, Morrison says, then use a hydrating lip treatment like Murad's Soothing Skin and Lip Care as used in Massage Envy's facials to restore and repair.
- Stop acne. If your skin is prone to acne, the change in season can mean new breakouts. Have a go-to product kit like Murad's Acne Healthy Skin Regimen so you can worry less about unwanted blemishes.
- Don't forget the rest of your skin. Winter clothing can trap moisture, and the heat inside can dry the skin all over. That's why Morrison recommends regular back facials, even during the winter months. Massage Envy offers an Exfoliating and Hydrating Back Facial specifically designed to smooth, soften and moisturize dry skin.
- Heal the damage. If winter has already taken its toll on your skin, try an intense treatment like Massage Envy's 90-Minute Advanced Facial treatment*, which includes high-powered products such as Soothing Seaweed Infusion, and our signature acupressure facial massage.
- Stay positive. If you minimize your stress level and keep a positive attitude it will make all the difference for your skin. Neuropeptides, which are released when you're angry or upset, can accelerate the aging process. Find reasons to feel good and hold onto the hope that spring will be on its way before you know it.
"We believe that, to take care of your body, it's important to take care of your skin. And when colder temperatures hit, you know it's time to rethink your skincare routine," said Christy Ras, divisional vice president of retail, merchandising and services at Massage Envy. "Winter weather can affect both women and men, so for the best natural skin all year round, everyone should make some tweaks to their daily skincare routine."
Providing more than 5.97 million facials to-date, Massage Envy's 1,150-plus franchised locations collectively employ thousands of licensed estheticians. To make an appointment with a Massage Envy esthetician near you, visit www.massageenvy.com/locations.
About Massage Envy
Massage Envy, based in Scottsdale, Arizona, is a national franchisor, and through its franchise locations, is the leading provider of therapeutic massage and skincare services. With its membership model, Massage Envy believes total body care is an integral part of everyone's well-being journey. The Massage Envy franchise system is, collectively, the largest employer of massage therapists and estheticians, with more than 25,000 dedicated professionals that provide best-in-class service to over 1.65 million members. Founded in 2002, Massage Envy has more than 1,150 franchise locations in 49 states that have together delivered more than 100 million massages and facials. The company was recently ranked No. 1 Best Franchise with an initial investment of $500,001 and up by Forbes. For more information, visit www.massageenvy.com, or follow us on Twitter @MassageEnvy and Facebook www.facebook.com/MassageEnvy.
*A 60-minute session includes 50 minutes of hands-on service and 10 minutes for consultation and dressing. A 90-minute session includes 80 minutes of hands-on service and 10 minutes for consultation and dressing.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/massage-envys-winter-skincare-tips-to-save-your-skin-300386748.html
SOURCE Massage Envy