NEW YORK, Aug. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Men's Health, the largest men's magazine brand in the world, published by Rodale Inc., today announced the launch of their first enhanced edition for iPhone and iPod touch. The title was the first in the industry to launch on the Adobe platform for iPhone in June with a digital replica and is now introducing exclusive interactive features.
"Men's Health has a strong history of being first-to-market on new devices," said David Zinczenko, Editor-in-Chief of Men's Health and GM for Rodale's Healthy Living Group and Rodale Books. "This is an intricately executed mobile edition of the magazine that builds on the PDF pinch-and-zoom versions that exist on iPhone. This will be truly a breath of fresh air for our readers."
Special content was developed specifically with the iPhone screen in mind:
- Audio file of Garrison Keillor narrating his essay entitled "Of Vice and Men" from the print version of the issue
- Auto play fitness moves that act like a standalone workout app
- Monthly workout poster includes video with voiceover from expert fitness editors to demonstrate exercises
- Streamlined advertising for small screen viewing featuring exclusive ad sponsor Gillette
In order to offer a better overall reading experience, the app also features:
- Larger headlines with at-a-glance looks at content and sharp iconography
- Colorful graphic splash screens to keep the reader aware of the content in each section
- Full color backgrounds to delineate sidebar information
- Simple navigation throughout the entire magazine
iOS subscribers will have access to both iPhone/iPod touch and iPad versions of this content, giving them two very different – but very special – experiences with the magazine. A single digital issue is $4.99 and $23.99 for a one-year subscription.
Men's Health has sold almost 60,000 single digital editions (according to ABC), bringing the total paid circulation to 1.9 million. This includes a significant increase in digital subscribers totaling over 51,000.
About Men's Health
Men's Health is the go-to source for guys seeking the latest information and expert advice in their pursuit of a healthy and active lifestyle. Published 10 times a year in the U.S. by Rodale, Men's Health is the best-selling men's magazine on newsstands and provides its 12 million readers with up-to-the-minute information on health, fitness, fashion, nutrition, relationships, travel, technology and finance. Men's Health is the largest men's lifestyle magazine brand in the world, offering 40 global editions, a host of apps for iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry subscribers, as well as branded books, eBooks and microsites. The magazine has garnered numerous industry accolades, winning National Magazine Awards in the general excellence and personal service categories as well as being deemed by Media Industry Newsletter as the "#1 Most Notable Magazine Launch of the Last 25 Years." Men's Health has also made several appearances on Advertising Age's "A List" and Adweek's "Hot List." For up-to-date news from Men's Health, visit www.menshealth.com, and get instant updates on Twitter (@MensHealthMag) and Facebook (Men's Health).
SOURCE Men's Health