Meredith Parents Network Survey Reveals That Phones And Tablets Have Improved Moms' Sex Lives NEW SURVEY UNCOVERS THAT MILLENNIAL MOMS TEXT THEIR SPOUSE OR PARTNER MORE THAN THEY TALK TO THEM
NEW YORK, Nov. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Meredith's Parents Network, the leading parenthood media portfolio which includes Parents, American Baby, FamilyFun and Ser Padres, today announced exclusive new findings that phones and tablets have improved moms' sex lives and texting has replaced talking in their romantic relationships. The brand's third "Millennial Moms & Media" survey explored moms' media consumption, motivations, sharing habits, and engagement.
"Millennial Moms & Media 3" finds that Millennial moms (born between 1977 and 1994) are mega-consumers, more connected than ever with 91 percent owning a smartphone, tablet or e-reader. Armed with more spending power than any other generation, they cast a wide net when it comes to gathering information including a blend of expert, digital, and personal sources.
As we well know, social media has rewritten communication in all relationships. In fact, 47 percent say that texting and social media have replaced talking with friends and 30 percent of Millennial moms say they text their partner/spouse more than they speak to them.
"Millennial moms seek information sources that serve her varied roles and priorities," says Carey Witmer, EVP/President, Meredith Parents Network. "Confident in decision-making, she identifies as woman, mom, and chief family officer and is connected across multiple digital devices and sources. She is the ultimate media mix modeler and she's rewriting the rules of brand engagement."
HIGHLIGHTS FROM "MILLENNIAL MOMS & MEDIA 3"*:
MOMS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS ON, TURNED ON THAT IS...
- Mobile devices go everywhere with her: 52% bring their tablet to bed to read or search the web.
- She's getting saucy with her partner/spouse with 57% of moms revealing they've exchanged flirty texts and 41% have sent a racy photo of themselves.
- 21% of moms say their phone/tablet has improved their sex life.
- Some have rekindled old flames – 26% have connected with an old love interest via social media.
- Don't press send! 13% have accidentally sent an inappropriate photo of themselves to someone for whom it wasn't intended.
- Pinterest and Instagram usage are quickly gaining momentum with moms: 38% are now using Pinterest and 33% are active Instagram users.
- The top five celebrities most followed by Millennial moms are: Ellen DeGeneres, Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, Oprah, and Michelle Obama.
CONTEXT MATTERS TO MOMS
- Parenthood magazines are read by Millennial moms more than any other genre (64%) and rank in the top 5 for content that drives moms to action.
- 86% of Millennial moms say advertising in parenthood magazines and websites influences their product purchases and 85% of moms are influenced by editorial content.
The survey was conducted online by Zeldis Research Associates using a nationally representative sample of moms with children aged 0-12. Fieldwork was conducted from May 7-June 4, 2013 and resulted in 1,102 completed questionnaires.
*Please credit all data to "Millennial Moms & Media 3" a Meredith Parents Network Survey.
About Meredith Parents Network
A collective of four cornerstone brands - Parents, American Baby, FamilyFun and Ser Padres - the Meredith Parents Network reflects the multi-faceted experience of motherhood. The Network delivers 36 million consumer touch points monthly with dynamic media platforms that engage them in ways they can personally relate to—in the moments, places, and languages that are meaningful to them. The Network reaches these moms through dynamic media platforms that engage them in ways they can personally relate to – in the moments, places, and languages that are meaningful to them.
SOURCE Meredith Parents Network