BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Feb. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Customers can get more of what they want from their wireless service with today's launch of MORE Everything from Verizon Wireless.
MORE Everything, a new way of looking at wireless plans, brings together for the first time all the tools and services consumers want and need when they use their smartphones, tablets and other connected devices to talk, text, access the Internet and use data, all on the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE network.
"MORE Everything changes the game by adding even more of what customers want from their wireless provider in a single, simple monthly plan," said Ken Dixon, chief marketing officer at Verizon Wireless. "Verizon Wireless led the way with the introduction of shared data plans, and MORE Everything is the next leap forward with more storage, more messaging and more choice, all on a 4G LTE network that is unmatched in coverage and capacity."
Beginning today, MORE Everything customers simply get more with Verizon Wireless:
- Data: Simplified monthly data allowances that fit their family's wireless needs. Some customers will see their data allowance doubled for the same monthly price they paid previously.
- Verizon Edge: MORE Everything customers who choose Verizon Edge will also be eligible for $10 off monthly smartphone access for data allowances up to 8 GB, and $20 off monthly smartphone access on plans of 10 GB and higher.
- Messaging: Unlimited international messaging will be added to unlimited domestic text, picture and video messaging.
- Storage: Each MORE Everything line can use up to 25 GB (or up to 250 GB on a 10 line account) of cloud storage from Verizon Wireless, which means customers never lose a contact's number, cherished photos of the once-in-a-lifetime vacation, or video from a school recital. Cloud storage also means important information is easily available whether devices are upgraded tomorrow or in two years.
MORE Everything customers can also add additional benefits to their monthly plans, both of which are free for the first three months and then available for $5 per month.
- Safety and Security: Family Base, an innovative way to help manage family members' wireless experiences.
- International Long Distance: To make it simpler to stay in touch with friends, family and colleagues in many countries throughout Latin America and around the world, Verizon Wireless' International Long Distance Value Plan, which provides rates as low as $0.01/minute to Canada and Mexico, and $0.05/minute to many other countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, can be added to the plan.
"Since Verizon Wireless was the first to introduce shared data plans in 2012, major U.S. wireless operators have followed suit in strategically preparing for the increase of connected devices and data consumption among its customers," said Carrie MacGillivray, program vice president of Mobile Services and Internet of Things (IoT), IDC. "Shared plans have created demand for more data as consumers continue to embrace mobility across all aspects of their lives. Share plans that provide more data for the same price will be welcomed by customers."
MORE Everything on the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE network
Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network provides more than twice the coverage of any other carrier's 4G LTE network, so customers from coast-to-coast can access the network, and, more importantly, stay on the network to send email or search for that important nugget of information that everyone at the dinner table needs to know. Verizon Wireless continues to double and, in some markets, triple capacity with the deployment of AWS spectrum. Customers with many of the most popular devices including DROID smartphones and several Samsung handsets are already taking advantage of more bandwidth.
Starting today, existing customers on Share Everything plans will be automatically moved to MORE Everything and can immediately enjoy more benefits and more services. MORE Everything will be available to all new customers, including small business customers.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE and 3G networks. The company serves 102.8 million retail customers, including 96.8 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 72,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For the latest news and updates about Verizon Wireless, visit our News Center at http://news.verizonwireless.com or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless