EWING, N.J., May 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- It's a hairy situation. While women's beauty routines can range from complex to natural – some things never change. As temperatures rise, most admit they have a greater awareness of hair removal in anticipation of summer fashion, but would seek an alternative to shaving, if offered. While most women have a beauty routine, they're constantly looking for ways to make it better. Since there's no "one size fits all" approach to beauty, the maker of Nair™ and Kelton Global polled 1,000 millennial women, to take an in depth look at the role unwanted body hair plays in their lives.
Knowing that unwanted body hair can be a complicated matter among women, the survey set out to better understand which areas are the most problematic, how women feel about them and how they impact their daily routine:
- We're All in This Together: Regardless of ethnicity or race, one thing is universal, millennial women ALL have a specific problem area when it comes to unwanted body hair. However, Hispanics are more likely than Caucasians and African Americans to say the following are problem areas:
- Upper lip (57% versus 40% and 33%)
- Hands/knuckles (20% versus 10% and 9%)
- Back (17% versus 7% and 11%)
- The Biggest Offenders: Bikini line (72%), underarms (58%) and legs (52%)
- No Body Hair = No "Netflix and Chill": Many millennial women would give up coffee (48%), Netflix (44%) or sex (39%) for a month to be free of unwanted body hair for one year – an additional 38 percent say they would give up social media for a month
- Time is Money: Millennial women say shaving is time consuming (56%) and irritates their skin (44%), and that the hair grows back too quickly (72%)
- Mo' Hair, Mo' Problems: One in two millennial women say unwanted body hair has made them feel self-conscious, less confident, or insecure; younger millennials (57%) are more likely than older millennials (48%) to feel less confident due to unwanted body hair
To help women deal with their problem areas and feel confident in their own skin, the maker of Nair™ has partnered with Felicia Walker Benson, beauty expert and founder of beauty site ThisThatBeauty.com. "I am so excited to be working with Nair™ as one of the things I emphasize about beauty is that everyone is different - and that applies to our problem areas and finding solutions for them. For me, the combination of being a mom with limited time, traveling extensively, and having super sensitive skin makes every area of mine feel like a problem area, and I'm excited to show my fans how Nair™ products care for your skin, cut down on time, and make hair removal easier than ever."
When it comes to hair removal, you have your own unique problem areas, and Nair has its own unique solutions. The brand offers a range of hair removal options that last longer than shaving, nourish skin, and eliminate the risk of nicks and cuts. From waxing to depilatory creams, products include:
- NEW Nair™ Nourish Skin Renewal for Legs & Body and for Face help restore skin's youthful glow and minimize fine, dry lines with 100% natural grape seed oil plus antioxidant-rich resveratrol. Legs & Body results last days longer than shaving.
- Nair™ Wax Ready-Strips for Face & Bikini and for Legs & Body are fast, easy, and mess-free with strips that require no warming or rubbing. Results last up to 8 weeks* and repeated use minimizes hair regrowth.
*Individual results may vary
About the Survey
The Nair™ Millennial Women Study was conducted by Kelton Global between February 9th and February 12th, 2017 among 1,009 nationally representative Millennial women between the ages of 18 and 34, with a margin of error of +/- 3.1%, using an e-mail invitation and an online survey.
Nair™ has been a trusted brand since the 1940s. From the beginning, the makers of Nair™ depilatories have been an innovator, expert and partner in the hair removal category. Starting as a single-formula, single-scent depilatory lotion, Nair™ has grown into a large portfolio of products serving women and men. As the number one depilatory brand on the market, Nair™ is poised to continue its growth and meet the hair removal needs of all consumers.
About Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc., headquartered in Ewing, NJ, manufactures and markets a wide range of personal care, household, and specialty products under the ARM & HAMMER™ brand name and other well-known trademarks.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nair-survey-sheds-light-on-the-hairiest-problem-areas-300450754.html