ATLANTA, Jan. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- With the storm hitting the east coast, global parenting expert Jo Frost has put together an exciting list of family activities to consider, rather than using up quality time on computers, mobile devices, television and other technology. Frost will be providing more helpful parenting tips and tricks on "Jo Frost: Nanny on Tour," set to premiere January 28 at 8pm EST exclusively on UP TV.
"Let's challenge ourselves to not rely on technology this weekend to babysit us but see it as a great opportunity to connect with our kids and be present," says Frost. "While I hope some of you will be braving the cold and taking this chance to get out in the snow as a family, these are some handy ideas should you be snowed in."
- "Object Storytelling"- Pick random objects from around the house and challenge your family to tell part of a made up story using their object. It's great to exercise everyone's imagination.
- "Bring in The Sunshine"- Increase that feel good factor, lay out beach towels, pump up the music, throw in a great picnic lunch with beachwear, have fun shakes and lollipops and everybody is having fun! Of course, don't forget that hot tub in the bathroom. Now that's what I call a fiesta!
- "Monopolize Your Board Games"- You know those games, catching cobwebs under your bed? Get them out, right now! Put away your cell phones and Connect 4 for real. Whether it be Trivial Pursuit, memory games, Scrabble, Jenga, charades, it's all about being present in the same space and enjoying the fun moments & experience.
- "Trick or Teach?"- These are the moments as parents where you can really get to spend the time you need teaching your kids a new card trick or teaching them how to play one of your favorites like poker, dice, gin, dominoes or even backgammon.
- "Art Up"- Marvel in the fun of using those adult coloring books and join the children; in fact, why not create your own comic story boards?
- "Project Home"- Get busy playing catch up as a family for an hour; maybe it's those holiday "Thank You" cards, recycling toys or clearing out last season's fashion. Getting organized and taking the time will take a lot off your plate for some other day when you're happy to be outside.
- "Bon Appetit"- Plan out and prepare a meal to be remembered. Come together to design your menu and make sure everyone has a role in cooking and baking a warm, comforting winter dinner. Don't forget to have a designated taste tester!
- "Relax and Renew"- Enjoy an at home spa day. Give each other manicures, practice makeup and when the kids are all dolled up, start a fashion show of unique outfit choices. Be silly with it!
About Jo Frost – one of the most recognizable and trusted parental experts and family advocates worldwide – has been in our living rooms for over 15 years. She has earned her reputation through over two decades of expert execution of professional and highly effective advice to millions of families. Frost has the intuitive ability to connect with children on their level and, moreover, organically connecting both parent and child. With over 20 years in childcare, beginning as a professional nanny, she has honed her successful methods of child-rearing with hands-on, real-life experience. She has encouraged and helped parents with different challenges — from potty training, sibling rivalry and sleep concerns to tantrums and teen communication issues — and continues to place practical solutions into homes, whether dealing with extreme or everyday problems. Jo's highly effective methods of child-rearing have been seen by millions worldwide on such popular TV shows as "Supernanny," "Jo Frost: Family Matters," "Family SOS" and the international series, "Jo Frost Nanny on Tour." In addition, Jo is a New York Times bestseller and the author of several insightful parenting guides, including her newest book, Jo Frost's Toddler Rules.
Follow UP and Jo Frost on social media:
About UP- UP is television's trusted entertainment brand, dedicated to providing viewers with "feel good TV for you and your family." UP uplifts viewers every day with premiere movies, original reality, dramatic and comedy series filled with compelling stories and characters with character. In keeping with its brand promise, UP's pro-social initiative, "Uplift Someone," inspires people to do simple, everyday acts of kindness. UP can be seen in 70 million homes on cable systems and satellite providers across the United States. Based in Atlanta, UP is a division of UP Entertainment, LLC and provides sales and operations services to the ASPiRE network.
About Nanny Jo Productions- Nanny Jo Productions was founded by Jo Frost to focus on producing quality, authentic and purposeful family programming. For over a decade, Frost, has created, co-produced and executive produced such shows as "Supernanny" "Extreme Parental Guidance" and "Family Matters" ITV, as well as her latest international series, "Jo Frost Nanny on Tour."
SOURCE UP TV