Celebrate the Most Famous 10 Seconds of the Year Whether It's Midnight or Not with Special Kid-Sized Countdowns Only On Netflix
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Dec. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Midnight, shmidnight. This year you can celebrate as a family and still have time for a parents-only party with a whole new set of New Year's Eve countdowns on Netflix designed for preschoolers, tweens and everyone in between. Kids can pick their favorite character or ring in the new year again and again with countdowns featuring Oona and Baba of Puffin Rock, Care Bears & Cousins, Inspector Gadget, the Project Mc2 girls, and all of their DreamWorks Animation friends including King Julien and Mr. Peabody & Sherman.
According to new research from Netflix, more than half of parents around the world (58%) would jump at the chance to put their kids to bed before the clock strikes twelve on New Year's Eve. With six on-demand countdown specials launching today, you can make 10, 9, 8 or any time midnight. You choose when it's time to say goodnight and the kids choose how to celebrate with their favorite characters:
- Puffin Rock residents Oona and Baba re-live their adventures from the past year and celebrate with the Northern Lights, nature's very own fireworks.
- Care Bears & Cousins head to Share Bear's Shake Shack to gear up for a belly badge-tastic countdown in Care-a-Lot.
- Inspector Gadget saves New Year's Eve from a mischievous M.A.D. agent just in the nick of time for a dazzling firework display.
- King Julien lives up to his party animal persona with a countdown to dance your way into the new year.
- Mr. Peabody and Sherman venture around the world to gather their favorite talk show guests for a star-studded countdown event featuring Hiccup and Toothless, Puss in Boots, the Croods and the entire Dinotrux team.
- Project Mc2 stars McKeyla, Adrienne, Bryden and Camryn team up for NOV8's most important mission yet: Party!
While 97% of parents across the globe are spending New Year's Eve as a family, how the celebration unfolds varies by region.
- Parents in the US, UK, Canada and Australia agree 9 p.m. is the new midnight. Nearly half of parents in these countries say they'd countdown those famous 10 seconds by 9 p.m. (49%).
- Parents down under can't wait for bedtime. One-third of Aussie parents (34%) admit they'd hit the sack themselves after kissing the kids goodnight -- long before midnight.
- Italian and French parents are getting cozy with their significant others after lights out. Parents in both countries most look forward to spending time with their other half after putting the kids to sleep (51% and 43%, respectively).
- Parents love a good party in Spain and Mexico. 50% of parents in both countries can't wait to kick off the parents-only party after tucking in their little ones.
- American parents aren't afraid to play trickster. 41% of US parents have or plan to use a special New Year's Eve countdown as a way to get their kids to bed early.
- Brazilian parents say it's all about family time. Nearly two-thirds of parents in Brazil agree the best part about an on-demand countdown is being able to celebrate the holiday as a family (63%).
No matter where you are, start your party anytime, anywhere by searching New Year's Eve Countdown on Netflix. And we won't tell them it's not midnight if you don't.
About the Research
The Netflix New Year's Eve Survey was conducted online by SurveyMonkey Audience on behalf of Netflix from December 4-15, 2015. A sample of 9,128 parents in the US, UK, France, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain, and Mexico were interviewed and must have had at least one child age 12 or under in the household to qualify for the survey. The precision of SurveyMonkey Audience online surveys is measured by margin of error. The margin of error on these results is 1.03% based on a confidence interval of 95%.
Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) is the world's leading Internet television network with over 69 million members in over 60 countries enjoying more than 100 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Video - http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/origin/multivu_archive/PRNA/ENR/FX-SF88021-20151223-1.mp4
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151223/318053
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151223/318055
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101014/SF81638LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/netflix-finds-900-pm-is-the-new-midnight-this-new-years-eve-300197003.html