PLYMOUTH MEETING, Pa., Sept. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Portraits of Professional Caregivers: Their Passion. Their Pain. is an award winning documentary film about the impact of vicarious trauma and is directed and co-produced by filmmaker and licensed clinical social worker, Vic Compher, and Emmy award winning composer and filmmaker, Rodney Whittenberg.
The film examines how vicarious trauma, also known as secondary traumatic stress or compassion fatigue may affect any individual who provides care to traumatized or suffering people. The impact of secondary traumatic stress is shown through a series of dramatic first person stories that depict both the professionals' struggles and their resilience!
- The screening will feature a Q and A with an esteemed panel including:
- Philadelphia Fire Commissioner Adam Thiel (Stress First Aid Program)
- Award winning Investigative Journalist Stephen Fried (Trauma, MH, Addiction)
- Program Director at Lakeside Educational Institute Diane Wagenhals (Trauma-Informed)
- Filmmakers Vic Compher and Rodney Whittenberg
- Moderated by Social Work Dean Darlyne Bailey
Free and open to the public; Continuing Education credits available for Social Workers
Bryn Mawr Film institute, 824 Lancaster Ave, Bryn Mawr PA 19010, October 13, 201 6:30PM
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-film-explores-vicarious-trauma-of-police-firefighters-first-responders-social-workers-and-more-300336698.html