WEST YELLOWSTONE, Mont., May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- "Cabineering," a new trend offered in West Yellowstone, provides the comforts of home and the perks of a hotel for adventurous travelers in remote areas. Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone, a 50-cabin property, is scheduled to open July 1. Explorer Cabins will provide a unique vacation experience by combining several lodging trends, including cabineering, "generational travel" and dog-friendly travel.
These self-catering cabins are located just minutes away from the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park and a short drive from the Old Faithful Geyser. The cabins are clustered in five distinct natural camp settings to encourage a sense of community for families or friends traveling together. The five camps are named after early pioneers and explorers of Yellowstone National Park, namely Washburn, Colter, Bridger, Russell, and Langford. The Washburn Camp includes dog-friendly cabins.
"These cabins are an exciting concept. They offer a shared vacation experience for extended families and groups," said Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts President Rick Abramson. "Our guests can immerse themselves in the natural beauty of Yellowstone National Park while enjoying access to technology, modern conveniences and hotel amenities. The Explorer Cabins provide the perfect combination of style, convenience and location."
The Explorer Cabins are the first newly built lodging option in West Yellowstone since the Delaware North Parks & Resorts-owned-and-operated Yellowstone Park Hotel was established in 2007. Delaware North also owns and operates Gray Wolf Inn and Suites and the Holiday Inn West Yellowstone.
About the Cabins:
Three designs are available - Montana, Old Faithful and Yellowstone:
- The Montana Cabins accommodate up to four people, and consist of one large room with two queen-size beds. Guests can connect two adjoining cabins through an interior doorway. There are 10 Montana Cabins, which offer five possible inter-connecting cabins.
- The Old Faithful Cabins accommodate up to four people and contain one king size bed in a private bedroom, as well as a living room area with a sleeper sofa. Two of the 10 Old Faithful Cabins are ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant.
- The Yellowstone Cabins accommodate up to six people and include two private bedrooms with one king bed in the master suite. Twenty cabins feature a queen bed in the second bedroom, and 10 cabins feature a twin over twin bunk bed in the second bedroom.
Features in Every Cabin Include:
- A fireplace, a front porch with a sitting area, private bathrooms, and a kitchenette.
- Modern amenities such as complimentary Wi-Fi, a flat-screen HDTV, premium cable, wireless telephone, and alarm clock/MP3 player are provided.
- Artwork created by local artists featuring Yellowstone National Park or West Yellowstone is displayed in every cabin.
- Located in the Bridger Camp, The Bridger Cookhouse is open for dinner daily. It offers a variety of burgers and sides, including beef, bison, salmon, turkey, or veggie.
- Guests will be greeted with supplies for making S'mores, which they can use at one of five gas-lit fire pits on the property.
- Two hot tubs are located on the property. One hot tub is available in the Washburn Camp, another in the Coulter Camp.
- Guests of the Explorer Cabins may also use the pool, hot tub, fitness center, and laundry facilities at the nearby Yellowstone Park Hotel.
About Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts
Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts is an industry leader, providing Stewardship and Hospitality in Special Places SM with hotel, retail, food service, recreation and transportation operations at historic and scenic properties in North America and Australia. To learn more about Delaware North Companies' hospitality management expertise, visit http://www.delawarenorth.com/parks-and-resorts-home.aspx
SOURCE Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts