New Red Bull Survey Finds Men Are More Motivated By Money To Keep Their New Year's Resolutions, Women By Personal Satisfaction
Most Popular 2014 Bucket List Items Include Asking For a Raise (74%), Traveling More (87%) and Dating More (65%)
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- It's that time again, and according to a new Zero Regrets survey by Red Bull with Harris Interactive, while improving overall health continues to remain a top New Year's Resolution priority for women 25-49 (44%) and men 25-49 (31%), their bucket lists for 2014 indicate an interest in professional development (74% plan to ask for a raise/promotion at work), love (65% want to date more and 54% want to propose/get married) and personal growth (87% want to travel more, half want to learn how to play a musical instrument).
Both men and women admitted that only 12% of them stand a 100% chance of keeping their resolutions, but just shy of half give themselves a 76% or greater chance of keeping them (42% of men/39% of women). The survey results found:
Males Vs. Females:
- 40% of males and 48% of females surveyed plan to make New Year's Resolutions.
- 95% of males and 98% of females who are making resolutions for 2014 have a top priority resolution.
- For 31% of men, that top priority is improving their overall health with 23% going more specific with weight loss. For women, 44% say their top priority is to improve their overall health, with 22% choosing weight loss.
- Women (55%) are more likely then men (32%) to be inspired by the pure satisfaction of accomplishing their goals.
- Men (27%) are more likely than women (15%) to be inspired by a monetary reward).
- Support from a significant other is another resource for women (19%) and men (26%).
- The travel bug is rampant: 89% of men/86% of women surveyed are interested in traveling more in 2014.
- Attention bosses: 72% of men/75% of women plan to ask for a raise or promotion at work.
- Calling on Cupid: 68% of men/61% of women are interested in dating/dating more.
- Put a Ring on It: 50% of men/57% of women are interested in proposing/getting married.
- Musical: 55% of men/45% of women are interested in learning how to play an instrument.
- Go Climb a Mountain: 46% of men/37% of women are interested in climbing a mountain.
- Get Active: 41% of men/36% of women are interested in completing a competitive race.
- Surf's Up: 39% of men/27% of women are interested in learning to surf or snowboard.
- Sky High: 41% of men/21% of women are interested in learning to skydive in 2014.
What Are The Chances?
- 42% of males who are making resolutions for 2014 say there is a 76% chance or greater that they'll keep any of their resolutions.
- 39% of females who are making resolutions for 2014 say there is a 76% chance or greater that they'll keep any of their resolutions.
- Only 12% of both women and men say there is a 100% chance they will keep their resolutions.
* This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Red Bull North America on December 3-5, 2013 among 2,032 adults age 18 and older, among which 840 are adults ages 25-49. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and, therefore, no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. Complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, is available upon request.
SOURCE Red Bull
More by this Source
Record Breaking Crowds In Saint Paul Cheer Americans To Finals
Feb 23, 2014, 02:12 ET
Winter Weather Beware: Never Before Seen Head-to-Head Off-Road Racing Hits The Slopes
Jan 10, 2014, 17:45 ET
Red Bull Megaslope To Push The Envelope Of Slopestyle Skiing With A New Competition In 2014
Nov 22, 2013, 18:48 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.