BROOMFIELD, Colo., Sept. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- As industry demands for higher quality, flexible and cost-effective full-time linear channel distribution of television programming continue to grow, Level 3 Communications (NYSE: LVLT) introduced Vyvx Linear Channel Distribution (LCD). The service takes high-quality television channels from programmers like FOX and replicates them for delivery to multichannel video program distributors (MVPDs) such as cable and satellite companies, and over-the-top (OTT) video providers.
Learn more about Vyvx Linear Channel Distribution: http://lvlt.co/vyvxbr.
The traditional market for full-time television distribution services has been dominated by satellite services, resulting in significant compression, latency, expense and operational overhead. Level 3's Vyvx Linear Channel Distribution Service sets itself apart from legacy providers in some key areas:
- The Vyvx Linear Channel Distribution service is fiber-based, enabling content providers to scale distribution of their channels to MVPDs and OTT companies worldwide.
- Through the use of high capacity, secure, redundant feeds over fiber, the service delivers a robust service experience and enables exceptionally high video quality.
- Providers have increased visibility into all services across their distribution system, and can make changes as needed.
- Vyvx Linear Channel Distribution is a scalable, fiber-based solution enabling growth management while minimizing infrastructure investment and operational complexity.
- Linear Channel Distribution leverages Vyvx's foundation in software-defined networking (SDN) to provide broadcasters added visibility into where their content is going, as well as complete real-time control over which pay-TV and OTT platforms are authorized to receive which content sources.
- The service eliminates the hassle of setting up new point-to-point or satellite distributions.
- MVPDs and OTT providers can simplify operations and reduce operating expenses through fiber-based delivery.
- Providers can receive content from multiple U.S. and international programmers and broadcaster sources over a common Vyvx infrastructure with Vyvx Linear Channel Distribution*.
How FOX Uses Vyvx Linear Channel Distribution:
- FOX has seen significant demand for its programming from non-traditional digital and OTT platforms, which prefer fiber delivery for high-quality content.
- FOX has more than 40 unique television programming sources that it is sending over the Vyvx LCD platform to television platforms, including to its FOX Sports GO application.
Access the Vyvx Linear Channel Distribution Infographic here to see how the solution works: http://news.level3.com/image/Vyvx+Linear+Channel+Distribution+High+Level+Workflow.jpg.
Anthony Christie, Chief Marketing Officer, Level 3
"Given the number of ways people consume broadcast video content today, programmers and MVPDs alike are seeking ways to deliver content in an efficient, secure and reliable way. Vyvx Linear Channel Distribution simplifies the process of acquiring and delivering channels by using one high-quality feed from programmers like FOX, replicating those feeds, then delivering them to however many platforms that offer the channel. We're excited to bring new and innovative video services to the broadcast market, helping major global broadcasters like FOX streamline their video delivery."
*Subject to content rights agreement between rights holder and pay TV/digital TV service provider.
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc. For more information, visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-service-simplifies-tv-channel-delivery-to-providers-300317508.html
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.