WASHINGTON, July 29, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, the Board of Directors of Tercera Opción™ PAC unveiled a new web ad in response to the acceptance speech given last night by Democratic Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. "Our new ad makes it clear that Hillary Clinton's record does not match her rhetoric on immigration," said Rafael Fantauzzi, Chair of the "We Deserve Better Campaign" launched by Tercera Opción. "To paraphrase Ricky Ricardo, 'Hillary you got sum splainin to do!"
"The problem here is an issue of truthfulness and credibility," continued Fantauzzi "On one hand is the soaring rhetoric in her speech last night and on the other is a twenty year record of hostility on the issue."
"Hillary Clinton's record speaks for itself and our ad presents that record in her own words," said Fantauzzi. "Which Hillary Clinton are we supposed to believe? The one who promises action on immigration reform in her first 100 days or the Hillary Clinton who has said things that sound more like Donald Trump than they do an advocate for Latinos in this country."
The following is a partial list of some of Hillary's record on immigration. (See video).
- In 1994, told Congress "we do not think that comprehensive health care benefits should be extended to illegal aliens".
- In 2004, Hillary told a New York radio station that she was "adamantly against illegal immigrants" and that "people need to stop employing illegal immigrants".
- In 2006, Hillary voted numerous times to build a fence across the US-Mexico border and during a speech to the Council on Foreign Relations, she doubled down on the need to strengthen border security and toughen employer sanction.
- In 2008, Hillary opposed drivers' licenses for illegal immigrants.
- In 2014, Hillary told CNN that most unaccompanied children from Central America had to be returned to their country.
- In 2015, Hillary told a town hall meeting in New Hampshire as senator, "I voted numerous times to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in".
Last week, Tercera Opción™ Political Action Committee launched its "We Deserve Better" campaign. The campaign is urging voters to support the Libertarian Party candidates for President and Vice President this November: Governors Gary Johnson and Bill Weld.
Juan-Carlos Planas and Rafael Fantauzzi will chair the campaign. Juan-Carlos "J.C." Planas served as the District 115 representative in the Florida House of Representatives from 2002-2010. Rafael Fantauzzi served as the former President and CEO of the National Puerto Rican Coalition.
"This year, we cannot settle for the lesser of two evils," Fantauzzi said. "The insults from Donald Trump and the double talk from Hillary Clinton are not our only options. Governors Gary Johnson and Bill Weld are two of the most successful governors in America and they present the best hope to lead our country in the years ahead."
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-web-ad-shows-hillary-clintons-record-doesnt-match-her-rhetoric-300306396.html
SOURCE Tercera Opción