Nickelodeon Announces First-Ever SpongeBob SquarePants Fan Shellabration At Universal Studios Hollywood, From Sept. 7-8
NEW YORK, Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nickelodeon announced today it will host the first-ever SpongeBob Fan Shellabration at Universal Studios Hollywood in Los Angeles, Calif., Sept. 7-8, where the loveable character regularly appears to entertain kids and families of all ages.
The two-day Shellabration event will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and include a live script-read of a SpongeBob SquarePants episode featuring the series voice cast; a screening of the winning videos from the inaugural SpongeBob SquareShorts: Original Fan Tributes competition; an exhibit of fan-created SpongeBob SquarePants inspired art; a first of its kind SpongeBob Toyota concept car; a live musical performance by Tom Kenny (voice of SpongeBob) and more.
Admission to the SpongeBob Fan Shellabration is included in the price of admission to Universal Studios Hollywood.
"SpongeBob SquarePants is one of the most iconic characters of our generation and is beloved by fans around the world," said Pam Kaufman, Chief Marketing Officer, Nickelodeon Group. "We are thrilled to be partnering with Universal Studios Hollywood to give the fans an amazing, one-of-a-kind SpongeBob SquarePants experience."
"SpongeBob SquarePants is an endearing character at Universal Studios Hollywood that entertains our guests visiting from around the world," said Xiomara Wiley, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Universal Studios Hollywood. "Serving as the premier location for this first-ever Shellabration fan event in collaboration with Nickelodeon enables us to bring this lovable character to life in a variety of unexpected and interactive ways."
At Nickelodeon's inaugural SpongeBob Fan Shellabration event at Universal Studios Hollywood, guests will be able to:
- Watch a live script read of a SpongeBob SquarePants episode featuring the voice talents of Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants), Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick Star), Clancy Brown (Mr. Krabs), Mr. Lawrence (Plankton), and Rodger Bumpass (Squidward).
- Collect autograph stamps and take photos with the full cast of costumed characters, including SpongeBob, Patrick, Pearl, Sandy, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Mrs. Puff.
- Screen the winning and other exclusive submissions from the inaugural SpongeBob SquareShorts competition; a global competition that encouraged SpongeBob fans to create and submit original tribute films, across all genres.
- Visit the "Bikini Bottom Gallery" art exhibit of fan-created SpongeBob inspired art curated by Gallery Nucleus. Some of the art was featured in the gallery's "Nautical Nonsense: A Tribute to SpongeBob SquarePants," which ran from July 27-August 11.
- See the new Toyota Highlander SpongeBob concept car, which will be making a pit stop at the Shellabration, following a cross country road trip. For more information on where you can see the SpongeBob concept car this summer visit www.nick.com/highlander.
- Sing along at a live musical performance featuring Tom Kenny and the High Seas performing live from the Universal Plaza Stage.
- Play along with fellow fans at "SpongeBob's FAN-Tastic Trivia Party," where players can test their knowledge of all things Bikini Bottom for a chance to win exclusive prizes.
- Receive a free mini-poster that features all of the characters from Bikini Bottom (limited quantity, while supplies last).
- Enjoy face painting, character drawings and a SpongeBob Skill Crane.
Since its launch in July 1999, SpongeBob SquarePants has emerged as a pop culture phenomenon. The series has been the most-watched animated program with kids 2-11 for more than 12 consecutive years, and over the past several years, it has averaged more than 100,000,000 total viewers every quarter across all Nickelodeon networks. As the most widely distributed property in Viacom history, SpongeBob is seen in over 170 countries and translated in more than 35 languages.
About Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A. includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and Studio Tour; the CityWalk entertainment, shopping and dining complex, the Universal CityWalk Cinemas, the "5 Towers" state-of-the-art outdoor concert venue.. World-class rides and attractions include the critically-acclaimed mega-attraction, "Transformers: The Ride—3D," the intense, award-winning ride, "King Kong 360 3D" on the famed behind-the-scenes Studio Tour, "The Simpsons RideTM," "Revenge of the MummySM —The Ride" and "Jurassic Park® —The Ride."
Nickelodeon, now in its 34th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, and feature films. Nickelodeon's U.S. television network is seen in almost 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 18 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
SOURCE Universal Studios Hollywood