TOKYO, Sept. 26. 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Welds High Conductivity Materials (Cu, Al, etc.) and Large Fusing Parts! -
Nippon Avionics Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "Avio"), NEC Corporation's subsidiary based in Tokyo, announced on September 26 the availability of a newly developed, large-capacity inverter-type welding power supply, Model NRW-IN16K4 (*1). This powerful unit provides the high-quality joining of copper (Cu) and aluminum (Al); important materials increasingly being used in the manufacturing of high-capacity motors for electric motorization of automobiles, batteries, and energy-related devices.
New Product Features
- Fuse welding (welding of coil wire and terminals) of large motors that require large current capacity and long welding duration.
- Weld high-conductivity materials, such as Cu and Al, using the efficient control of large current uniquely provided by this new welding inverter power supply system.
- New standard features include a welding waveform graphic color display and waveform memory; an industry first for models offering the same output current level (*2). This convenient display allows easy setting of welding conditions and control of weld quality.
- Maximum welding current of 16,000 amperes is twice the level previously offered by Avio.
- Industry's longest welding time for same output current capacity level (2) (3); up to 3-second duration.
Multiple Useful Functions
- Accommodates various welding requirements based on its multi control modes
- Stable welding quality based on pre-weld judgment function
- Expanded welding applications with increased memory capacity for up to 255 welding conditions
- Input voltage of 400 V standard is useful in the global market
Setting and Monitoring Functions
- Graphic display of welding waveform simplifies the setting of welding conditions and enhances quality control
- Waveform memory function enables efficient setting of optimum conditions
- Ample monitoring functions contribute to improvement of welding reliability and to stable production
CE Mark approval scheduled in November
Based on our research as of September 2013
Maximum current of 9,500A at 3-second welding duration
- Welding of large motor coil and terminal
- Welding of copper (Cu) bus bar
Avio will concurrently release a new, large-capacity welding head, Model NA-126, to be used with Model NRW-IN16K4 power supply.
Mr. Satoshi Sakaba / Manager
Sales Department, Welding Products Division
Nippon Avionics Co., Ltd.
SOURCE Nippon Avionics Co., Ltd.