The award-winning Nokia Lumia 900 combines the best design and Internet experience into one beautiful smartphone
TORONTO, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Today, Nokia Canada announced that the award-winning third smartphone in the Nokia Lumia family, the Nokia Lumia 900, is now available in Canada exclusively at Rogers Communications. Named "Best of CES" for all smartphones by CNET, the Nokia Lumia 900 is the first of Nokia's Windows Phone-based range to feature high-speed LTE connectivity. Having the largest display of all Nokia phones, it delivers a rich content experience from a phone that still fits easily in your hand.
The Nokia Lumia 900 features a 4.3-inch AMOLED ClearBlack display for rich, bright images both indoors and out. It boasts faster connection speeds thanks to Rogers' cutting-edge LTE technology, and a long-lasting 1830 mAH battery.
The primary 8-megapixel camera includes Nokia's exclusive Carl Zeiss optics, with large aperture and wide angle focal length (28mm) for high-quality, uncropped images even in low-light conditions. It also has a 1-megapixel front-facing camera that boasts a wide angle lens that captures sharp, bright images right out of the box.
The Nokia Lumia 900 also comes equipped with signature Lumia experiences, such as Nokia Drive, which delivers a full-fledged personal navigation device (PND) with free, turn-by-turn navigation and dedicated in-car-user-interface. Available from Marketplace is the Nokia Maps app, which provides quick access to maps of more than 190 countries worldwide.
"The launch of the Nokia Lumia 900 in Canada signals our commitment to bringing the best phones into the Canadian market," said Richard White, General Manager for Nokia Canada. "It is impeccably designed with clean lines and a camera that rivals stand-alone digital cameras on the market today. Combine that with the people-first Windows Phone experience and the Rogers' LTE network - and it's clear that this phone delivers an unsurpassed mobile experience."
The Nokia Lumia 900 is available in black exclusively at Rogers Communications on April 9 for $99.99 with select 3-year plans. For more information, visit www.rogers.com/lumia900.
About the Nokia Lumia 900:
- Head-turning unibody design
- Deeply integrated social networking experience through Windows Phone 7.5 Mango; stay in touch across Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter right from the People Hub
- Experience the fastest Web browsing experience available with LTE connectivity, 1.4 GHz processor with hardware acceleration, and the power of IE9 Mobile.
- Live large with the 4.3" AMOLEDClearBlack display with scratch and damage resistant glass.
- Never miss a moment with the Carl Zeiss 8 megapixel main camera with HD video recording. The smartphone's front-facing camera boasts a wide angle lens that captures sharp, bright images right out of the box.
- Enjoy free voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation with Nokia Drive.
- Access to Microsoft SkyDrive for cloud storage
- Access to thousands of apps in the Windows Phone Marketplace
Nokia is a global leader in mobile communications whose products have become an integral part of the lives of people around the world. Every day, more than 1.3 billion people use their Nokia to capture and share experiences, access information, find their way or simply to speak to one another. Nokia's technological and design innovations have made its brand one of the most recognized in the world. For more information, visit http://www.nokia.com/about-nokia.
To download images and video of the Nokia Lumia 900, please visit http://press.nokia.com/
SOURCE Nokia Canada
Image with caption: " Nokia Lumia 900 (CNW Group/Nokia Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20120410_C4102_PHOTO_EN_12064.jpg
Image with caption: "Nokia Lumia 900 (CNW Group/Nokia Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20120410_C4102_PHOTO_EN_12065.jpg
Image with caption: "Nokia Lumia 900 (CNW Group/Nokia Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20120410_C4102_PHOTO_EN_12066.jpg