BAGSVAERD, Denmark, June 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Novo Nordisk, a global leader in diabetes care, today announced that data from 53 abstracts including 8 oral presentations will be shared at the upcoming 76th annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) in New Orleans, LA, from 10-14 June.
Following are key highlights that will be presented at the meeting:
12 June, 8.30 am CDT, oral presentation
- Phase 3a results from the SUSTAIN 2 clinical study comparing the efficacy and safety of semaglutide with sitagliptin in people with type 2 diabetes (#185-OR)
12 June, 9.00 am CDT, oral presentation
- Phase 3a results from the SUSTAIN 3 clinical study comparing the efficacy and safety of semaglutide with exenatide extended release (ER) in people with type 2 diabetes (#187-OR)
12 June, 12.00 pm CDT, poster presentation
- Phase 3b results from the SWITCH clinical studies comparing the hypoglycaemia occurrence in people with type 1 diabetes on basal-bolus insulin and type 2 diabetes on basal insulin treated with Tresiba® (insulin degludec injection 100 Units/mL) vs insulin glargine U-100 in a blinded setting (#87-LB and #90-LB)
12 June, 3.00 pm CDT and 13 June, 8.45 am CDT, oral presentations
- Phase 3a results from the onset clinical trials evaluating the efficacy of faster-acting insulin aspart vs insulin aspart in people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes (#293-OR, #240-OR)
12 June, 2.45 pm CDT, oral presentation
- Results from DUAL V on IDegLira vs. insulin glargine U-100 comparing safety and efficacy in patients with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes (#239-OR)
13 June, 2.15 pm CDT, oral presentation
- Results from LEADER, a cardiovascular outcomes trial which investigated the cardiovascular safety of Victoza® (liraglutide) injection in people with type 2 diabetes at high risk of major adverse cardiovascular events
11 June, 12.30 pm CDT, moderated poster discussion; 13 June, 12.00 pm CDT, poster presentation
- Data from the 2nd Diabetes Attitudes, Wishes and Needs (DAWN2) Study relating to 'Concerns about Hypoglycemia' (#667-P)
"ADA 2016 will be a landmark congress for Novo Nordisk. This year, we have an unprecedented amount of key clinical data on our new insulins and GLP-1, and we look forward to sharing it all with the medical and scientific community," said Mads Krogsgaard Thomsen, executive vice president and chief science officer of Novo Nordisk. "The presented research demonstrates advances in several areas of diabetes, underscoring our focus on developing innovative treatments with the potential to improve the lives of people with diabetes."
The above abstracts are a sampling of the data that will be presented or published by Novo Nordisk. For a complete list of abstracts please visit: http://www.abstractsonline.com/pp8/#!/4008.
This press release contains forward-looking statements about investigational products currently in development by Novo Nordisk. As is expected, there is significant risk with drug development and there is no guarantee that future studies will reflect similar results as presented at ADA. For further information about the Novo Nordisk drug pipeline, visit http://www.novonordisk.us.
About Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is a global health care company with more than 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. This heritage has given us experience and capabilities that also enable us to help people with other serious chronic conditions: hemophilia, growth disorders and obesity. With U.S. headquarters in Plainsboro, N.J., Novo Nordisk Inc. has more than 5,000 employees in the United States. For more information, visit novonordisk.us or follow us on Twitter: @novonordiskus.
Tresiba® and Victoza® are registered trademarks of Novo Nordisk A/S.
Novo Nordisk is a registered trademark of Novo Nordisk A/S.
All other trademarks, registered or unregistered, are the property of their respective owners.
© 2016 Novo Nordisk All rights reserved. USA16HCP01208 June 2016
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/novo-nordisk-to-present-53-abstracts-at-76th-annual-american-diabetes-association-scientific-sessions-in-new-orleans-la-300279941.html
SOURCE Novo Nordisk