HERNDON, Va., May 3, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Global technology company Nuix today released version 7 of its patented processing engine, which extends the company's big data capabilities to petabyte scale by giving customers the option of using Elasticsearch as the back-end database for Nuix case files. In parallel, Nuix will continue to update and support its existing architecture—which scales from the portability of a laptop to an enterprise data center—to maintain the performance and reliability customers expect.
"The biggest data challenge every organization faces, now and into the future, is how to find, analyze, and correlate critical facts from ever increasing volumes of complex data while retaining the accuracy and forensic precision they're used to," said Eddie Sheehy, CEO of Nuix. "With Nuix 7, we are investing in the future of our customers and our technology. We've built an architecture that will address their needs today, tomorrow, and in years to come."
With Nuix 7, customers can:
- Hyper-scale their processing and search capacity—scaling within a single large server or across multiple high- or low-powered machines by combining the patented Nuix Engine with Elasticsearch as a database platform.
- Understand hidden relationships—using the redesigned Nuix Context interface that leverages the OrientDB graph database to connect items more efficiently.
- Get ready for real time—adding the advanced capabilities of Elasticsearch positions Nuix to make the transition to real-time search and analysis in future products.
- Dig deeper with greater forensic precision—going deeper into file system and forensic artifacts to assist with investigations, cybersecurity incident response, and eDiscovery.
- Apply enhanced image analysis—combining facial recognition with skin-tone analysis to quickly filter down to relevant images for investigation.
- Address more enterprise data—extending the power of Nuix to data in EMC Documentum document management systems and other enterprise sources.
Combining Nuix 7 with Elasticsearch allows customers to take full advantage of the database platform's renowned scalability, durability, and real-time searching and analysis. Customers can run tens or hundreds of Nuix workers—scaling vertically within a single server or horizontally across multiple machines—and seamlessly consolidate all that information into a single Elasticsearch index. This greatly improves the performance of processing, searching, and exporting. It also make it possible to search and correlate information across archives of historical Nuix cases and other information and intelligence sources.
"Even petabyte-scale data sets are no longer a challenge with Nuix and Elasticsearch working together," said Sheehy. "Our customers can confidently plan to handle much larger data sets and more advanced searching capabilities, with Nuix reliably at the center of those plans."
Nuix has redesigned the Context investigative interface with input from specialists in digital forensics and user experience. The Context interface uses the OrientDB graph database to make connections between people, objects, locations, and events.
"Customers can use timeline analysis, context bubbles, and automatic linking to slice and dice evidence," said Sheehy. "This makes it much easier for investigators to tell stories from large data sets and quickly understand the facts of the case, as the ongoing Panama Papers investigation has demonstrated in dramatic fashion."
Nuix (www.nuix.com) protects, informs, and empowers society in the knowledge age. Leading organizations around the world turn to Nuix when they need fast, accurate answers for investigation, cybersecurity incident response, insider threats, litigation, regulation, privacy, risk management, and other essential challenges.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nuix-7-conquers-customer-challenges-for-today-and-builds-hyper-scale-capacity-for-the-future-300261972.html