SAN FRANCISCO, April 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global nurse call system market is expected to reach USD 1.8 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The decreasing reimbursement coverage, government penalties for hospital readmissions and the increasing support for digital healthcare are expected to drive the demand for nurse call system market.
Additionally, technological advancements pertaining to introduce the next level of communication enabling the wide range of applications configuration to the hospitals, home care, and residential facilities are also expected to upsurge the demand for the nurse call system market. In April 2015, Mircom launched MiCare wireless nurse call system. The system was designed to enable its integration with the cloud technology. It had a unique mesh technology, which could be customized depending on the needs of the facilities.
With the increasing life expectancy and changing healthcare requirements, the burden on national insurance bodies is constantly increasing. Owing to aforementioned factors, Medicare penalizes healthcare facilities which have hospital readmissions within 30days. The government is providing funds for research, which can help caregivers to streamline the entire process with the aid of technology. For instance, in April 2015, the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) granted USD 160,000 pertaining to the appropriate and effective use of such technologies.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Nurse Call System Market Analysis By Technology (Wired Communication Equipment, Wireless Communication Equipment), By End-use (Hospitals, Clinics, Outpatient Departments (OPDs), Assisted Living Centers, Ambulatory Care Services, Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)), And Segment Forecasts to 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nurse-call-system-equipments-industry
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Wired communication equipment dominated the market in 2014 owing to the early adoption of the technology and continuous innovations such as integration Wi-Fi cordless telephone, IP DECT, and radio pocket pager for greater efficiency and safety. In August 2014, South Tyneside Hospital installed IPiN Ethernet-based nurse call system in its accident &emergency units, cardiac wards, and Special Care Baby Units (SCBUs).
- Wireless communication equipment is expected to witness rapid growth. With the increasing healthcare complexities, the need for integrated nurse call systems and electronic health records is driving the industry players to launch advanced solutions. In November 2015, RCare launched its G4 technology with Advanced Location Protocol (ALP) for senior living facilities. The "I Got It" button provides a state-of-the-art solution to allow staff to pinpoint locations with the aid of RCare pendant.
- In 2014, North America was the largest regional market owing to the establishment of separate certification and coding system. Increasing demand for remote patient monitoring and the subsequent introduction of technologically advanced nurse call system are amongst key factors for the region's large share.
- Europe was the second largest market in 2014 owing to the separate funding for nursing technologies and funding for effective patient monitoring devices. The European Union has funded over USD 558.29 million for the eHealth and mHealth technology since 1990. Moreover, in June 2015, Innovate UK funded the Oxehealth camera based patient monitoring study, which captured the real-time movements of patients to measure the vital signs and alert the staff accordingly.
- In 2014, the Hospitals have a majority of the market share owing to the patient flow and the increasing chronic and emergency case patients. Hospitals are revamping their older nurse call systems and increasing their budgets pertaining to the funding infrastructure supporting system integration.
- Market participants are constantly evolving the traditional nurse call system and incorporating newer techniques or devices helping caregivers to provide patient care effectively. For instance, internet protocol nurse call systems offer a higher level of integration with wired and wireless technologies. In February 2016, Austco Communication Systems launched Tacera Pulse intelligent solutions for the clinical business.
- Key players in the nurse call system market include Hill-Rom Holding, Inc., Tyco SimplexGrinnell,Ascom Holding, Honeywell International, Inc., Rauland-Borg Corporation,TekTone Sound & Signal Mfg., Inc., Stanley Healthcare, Azure Healthcare, West-Com Nurse Call Systems, Inc., and Critical Alert Systems LLC.
Grand View Research has segmented the global nurse call system market on the basis of technology, end-use, and regions:
- Nurse Call System Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Wired Communication Equipment
- Wireless Communication Equipment
- Nurse Call System End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Outpatient Departments (OPDs)
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Ambulatory Care Services
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)
- Nurse Call System Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Lab Accessories Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/lab-accessories-market
- Ambulance Services Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ambulance-services-market
- Artificial Pancreas Device Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/artificial-pancreas-device-market
- Arthroscopy Product Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/arthroscopy-product-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.