Of All Smartphone Users, iPhone Owners Most Optimistic About Life, Survey Says
Gazelle's CES survey shows iPhone owners most optimistic about their lives while BlackBerry owners most pessimistic
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Gazelle (www.gazelle.com), the nation's largest consumer electronics direct-to-consumer reCommerce™ service, today announced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, the results of a survey that polled show-floor attendees to reveal connections between mobile phone ownership and one's outlook on life. The survey aimed to draw a correlation between one's level of optimism or pessimism and the smartphone and tablet one owns. The results were particularly telling and, amongst the juiciest of findings, the survey pointed to the fact that 29% of iPhone owners expect the best in uncertain times, 3% more than the next set of users (Android). The study also showed that 33% of BlackBerry users hardly ever expect things to go their way, suggesting an overall malaise amongst BlackBerry users. Research also found that iPhone users were particularly resilient in these tough economic conditions with 36% saying they don't get upset too easily, even during difficult economic times.
Because Gazelle accepts hundreds of thousands of consumer electronic trade-ins each year, the company serves as a unique barometer of U.S. consumer electronics consumption habits. Gazelle is using CES to celebrate collective consumer love for gadgets and to better understand, with a twist, the sociology behind certain Smartphone and tablet users.
Below is a more in-depth look at how Apple, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone users view their life outlook:
iPhone and iPad users are optimistic, calm and also social
- In uncertain times, 29% of iPhone users and 60% of iPad users expect the best
- 52% of iPhone users and 58% of iPad users are always optimistic about their future
- 25% of iPhone users and 26% of iPad users don't get upset too easily
- 65% of iPhone users and 52% of iPad users enjoy their friends a lot
Android users are generally optimistic and active
- 28% of Android smartphone users and 36% of Android tablet users are always optimistic about their future
- 48% of Android smartphone users and 64% of Android tablet users think it's important to keep busy
- 31% of Android smartphone users and 55% of Android tablet users often expect more good things to happen than bad
- 18% of Android smartphone users and 27% of Android tablet users don't get upset too easily
BlackBerry users are pessimistic and uneasy about their future
- 33% of BlackBerry users believe if something can go wrong for them, it will
- 33% of BlackBerry users rarely count on good things happening to them
- 16% of BlackBerry users hardly ever expect things to go their way
- 0% of BlackBerry users usually expect the best
"Who knew that Apple users had such a promising outlook on life, while BlackBerry owners hardly expect things to go their way?" said Israel Ganot, co-founder and CEO of Gazelle. "Our survey aimed to celebrate the passion many at CES have for their gadgets and the latest and greatest trends in consumer electronics. One of the reasons for the rapid growth of the reCommerce industry is that many have recognized the value possessed by used electronics and the lucrative benefits of trading in one's gadgets for cash."
Gazelle (www.gazelle.com), a service of Second Rotation, Inc., provides an easy, fast and safe way for consumers to get cash for their unwanted electronic devices. Gazelle takes the risk and effort out of selling electronic gadgets online and provides its users with benefits such as free shipping and packaging and comprehensive identity/data removal. To date, Gazelle has helped more than 250,000 consumers trade their used gadgets to de-clutter their lives, earn quick cash and generally lead a greener lifestyle. Based in Boston, Gazelle is backed by premier venture capital firms Craton Equity Partners, Physic Ventures, Venrock Associates and RockPort Capital Partners.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.