REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Omega Securities Inc. (Omega, OSI), operating Omega ATS and Lynx ATS, one of the Canadian leading providers of financial services to investors and traders, has announced it will build its matching engine in Equinix's recently opened Toronto International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center, TR2. Omega's new matching engine will offer its clients access to real-time transparent quotes and trade information, as well as lowering latency and improving execution technology across its platform for the electronic equities market providers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Strategically located in downtown Toronto, Equinix's Toronto data center campus offers Omega the advantage of close proximity to major financial exchanges, as well as liquidity providers and institutional investors who are increasingly adopting cross-asset trading execution strategies. Close proximity to financial firms combined with access to the broadest choice of networks, enables Omega to deliver consistent low latency to its customers in Canada.
- Alternative Trading Systems (ATS) serves members such as IIROC, OmegaATS and Lynx ATS and provides the Canadian marketplace with fast, price/time priority trading platform where customers will be able to trade at or better than the CBBO (Canadian Best Bid and Offer) at competitive commission rates. Omega currently has an access node in Equinix's TR1 IBX data center and will be deploying their secondary node in TR2 in Q3 2016.
- Equinix provides a neutral meeting place for the world's leading financial market participants, including trading venues, buy- and sell-side firms, market data providers, technology providers and financial networks. Equinix data centers provide colocation for over 875 financial services customers who include over 175 exchange and trading venue deployments around the globe. The expansion by OmegaATS further enhances Equinix's global electronic trading ecosystem, providing the interconnection options that companies need to meet business demands.
- Located at the Equinix campus in downtown Toronto, Canada,TR2 serves the financial, media and enterprise companies. The new facility offers premium colocation services and is designed to meet enterprises' need for larger footprints and data-intensive applications deployed closer to the edge.
- Raymond Tung, chief operating officer, Omega Securities Inc.:
"The Equinix Toronto campus was a strategic choice for Omega, as it is home to a growing ecosystem of financial services firms, including several of our existing customers and partners. By extending our matching engine here, we can easily interconnect with these businesses in a fast and reliable way and leverage Equinix's extensive expertise in the financial sector."
- Stewart Orrell, senior director, Enterprise Marketing, Equinix:
"We continue to see strong momentum with our electronic trading clients, as they seek to tap into new markets and asset classes. Omega Securities Inc. is a locally recognized brand and adds to the strength of our financial services offering in Toronto, as we provide a platform for our clients to expand their business there."
- Equinix Expands in Toronto to Serve Growing Demand for Interconnection [Press release]
- Equinix Sees Uptick in Globally Deployed Financial Services Customers Spanning Multiple Asset Classes [press release]
- Equinix Sees Continued Interest in Secaucus Data Centers [blog]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/omega-securities-builds-equities-matching-engine-for-omega-ats-and-lynx-ats-at-equinixs-toronto-campus-300251422.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.