MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions to health care systems, is pleased to participate in HIMSS 2016. Omnicell will showcase its latest enterprise analytics software, Unity single server platform, interoperability solutions and medication adherence tools in its booth and the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase, complemented by customer presentations during the conference. Omnicell will also be featuring Enterprise Medication Manager™ software from its recently acquired company, Aesynt.
Through its enhanced analytics offerings targeting drug diversion and smarter inventory decisions for health systems, as well as medication adherence solutions, Omnicell is committed to supporting the clinical and financial success of partners across the full care continuum.
As hospitals look for ways to optimize the return on information from their existing health information technology solutions, analytics platforms are becoming increasingly popular, with the market expected to reach more than $34 billion by the end of 2022.1 Beyond the pharmacy, informaticists are developing a greater stake in improving operations in all hospital departments. To support this growing industry demand for data-driven insights, Omnicell is developing solutions that help enable smarter logistics and inventory management in the central pharmacy and across the health system, leading to greater financial and clinical success.
In Omnicell's Booth #5126, demonstrations include:
- Interoperability with leading EHR systems: Omnicell will demonstrate seamless interoperability with other vendors in the medication dispensing process, including exchange and use of data directly through the Epic Medication Administration Record (MAR) application.
- Enterprise Medication Manager™, a pharmacy supply chain solution to help gain real-time visibility and insight to optimize medication inventory across the enterprise.
- Omnicell Analytics for detecting drug diversion: A new web-based diversion analytics tool that streamlines the process of managing potential drug diversion across the health system. Omnicell Analytics simplifies diversion management, helping to improve patient care and safety.
- SureMed™ adherence solutions with Medisafe: Omnicell's SureMed blister cards, which help patients organize and remember to take their medications, are now offered with a digital version of the cards on Medisafe, a leading mhealth platform for medication management that uses a combination of reminders, educational content, motivational tips, supports systems and other tools to help patients stay adherent.
Omnicell's integration with the Epic EHR can also be seen in the Interoperability Showcase (11954-3) in the ICU Isolation Vignette on Level 1, Hall G.
Additional customer presentations at HIMSS include:
- Nilesh Desai, BS, RPh, MBA, Administrator of Pharmacy and Clinical Operations at Hackensack University Medical Center – Impact of an Innovative ADC System on Medication Administration – March 1, 8:30 am – 9:30 am on Level 4, Marcello 4404
- DeVere Day, Pharmacy Automation and Technology Manager at Intermountain Healthcare – Transforming the Pharmacy Supply Chain – March 1, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm on Level 4 in Marcello 4401
"As an industry leader in medication automation, we are excited to provide our customers with additional analytics solutions that support more informed decision making to help improve financial success and clinical excellence," said Joe Lynch, vice president Marketing, Global Marketing, Omnicell. "Our customers increasingly rely upon system level actionable data and analytics to improve clinical, financial and operational outcomes. These solutions along with our adherence and interoperability offerings help ensure safe medication management from hospital to home, keeping patients safe at all stages of their care."
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been creating innovative solutions to improve patient care, anywhere it is delivered. Omnicell is a leading supplier of comprehensive automation and business analytics software for medication and supply management across the entire health care continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient's home.
Approximately 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety. The recent acquisition of Aesynt adds distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy and IV robotics, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
The Omnicell SureMed solution provides innovative medication adherence packaging to help reduce costly hospital readmissions. In addition, these solutions enable approximately 7,000 institutional and retail pharmacies worldwide to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing and administration while optimizing productivity and controlling costs.
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
1. Global Healthcare Analytics Market Outlook (2014-2022), published July 2015. http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/global-healthcare-analytics-market-outlook-28327
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell and the Omnicell logo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.