Omnicell's solutions can be seen in booth #4009 and will feature demonstrations of the interoperability between the Omnicell medication dispensing system and Cerner and Epic EHRs. This integration saves clinicians steps in medication workflow and helps promote safety. The Remote Medication Queuing solution streamlines the medication administration process for nursing, enabling more time for patient care. Closed Loop Dose Accountability helps minimize the risk of diversion while saving pharmacy and nursing time spent reconciling controlled substances.
Also featured in the booth will be the following:
- The XT Series Automated Dispensing System offers a high degree of flexibility to fit various medication distribution needs, and it can easily expand and scale as health systems grow. Compared to similar units on the market, Omnicell® XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets offer 50 percent more capacity for medication storage on hospital floors.
- Helping drive down costs and improve allocation of resources, the Performance Center combines leading inventory analytics software with a dedicated team of data scientists and professionals to drive improvements in pharmacy operations. Early adopters have seen a 20% average reduction in inventory levels and a 2% average savings in annual medication spend, freeing up valuable resources for other enterprise activities.
- Designed to help proactively detect drug diversion, Omnicell Analytics is a web-based analytics tool that streamlines the process of managing potential drug diversion across the health system, helping to improve patient care and safety.
Omnicell's interoperability with Epic will also be demonstrated in the Interoperability Showcase's Surgery & Recovery use case in booth #9000, Hall F. A nurse will issue an infusion order for a patient from the XT Automated Dispensing Cabinet and perform the reconciliation post administration. Omnicell's Closed Loop Dose Accountability will compare medications dispensed and/or wasted from the Omnicell cabinet versus the documented administration in the Epic EHR. This new integration automates manual tracking and increases vigilance of controlled substances, helping to prevent drug diversion.
"As we continue to transition to value-based care models, many hospital leaders are challenged to do more with less without compromising clinical care. Our goal is to enable health systems to gain the most potential from their technology investments as they balance these needs," said Joe Lynch, vice president, Marketing at Omnicell. "We're excited to return to HIMSS and showcase the technology and services we offer our hospital and health system partners to tackle critical challenges."
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient's home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell's innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell and the Omnicell logo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
i http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/top-10-healthcare-issues-watch-2016 [OR] http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-management-administration/6-ceos-name-the-biggest-challenges-they-re-facing-today-and-5-years-out.html
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/omnicell-medication-management-solutions-and-interoperability-featured-at-himss17-with-real-world-application-in-interoperability-showcase-300406419.html
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.