Brokaw, who was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama, draws on his rich career in network news covering elections, summits, war, political turmoil and other major news events around the world. The legendary newsman entertains and enlightens audiences with his experiences and observations.
The keynotes will be followed by seven industry-specific tracks with business leaders in communications, construction and engineering, energy and utilities, financial services and insurance, hospitality, life sciences and healthcare and retail. Featured speakers include:
- Robert Hackl, Senior Vice President, Leasing, Sprint
- Dr. Philip Tetlock, Ph.D, Annenberg University Professor, University of Pennsylvania
- Kimberly Greene, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Southern Company Services, Inc.
- Lisa Davis, Managing Director, Global Head of Enterprise Services, Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions
- Steven Marks, Founder, Guzman y Gomez
- Robert B. Darnell, MD, Ph.D, Heilbrunn Professor and Senior Physician at The Rockefeller Center, Investigator at Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Founding Director at NY Genome Center
- Jeff Wollen, CIO, Wiggle
"Every day, Oracle provides companies the most sophisticated applications in order to transform their businesses," Oracle CEO Mark Hurd said. "From planning retailers' merchandise, to running wireless communications networks, to serving as the backbone of our power grids, no technology company can provide the range of industry-specific specialization that Oracle can and no other company can provide it in the cloud today."
"As the cloud transforms the way industries operate, our team works tirelessly to get our customers where they need to go next," said Bob Weiler, executive vice president or Oracle's Global Business Units. "Oracle Industry Connect provides a community of distinguished industry innovators to share ideas and collaborate on the path and solutions for their success."
For more information about how Oracle is committed to empowering organizations through best-in-class, industry-specific business solutions, visit oracle.com/industries. To learn more about Oracle Industry Connect 2017, go to oracle.com/oracleindustryconnect.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oracle-industry-connect-2017-convenes-community-of-business-leaders-to-share-insight-expertise-and-industry-specific-best-practices-300413770.html