Orbitz.com Launches Orbitz 50 Faves Facebook Game
Fun & free game gives players opportunity to win 50 dream vacations worth up to $15,000
CHICAGO, Aug. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Orbitz announces the launch of Orbitz 50 Faves, a fun and free Facebook game giving Orbitz fans the opportunity to win 50 handpicked, luxury vacations worth up to $15,000. Vacations range from cruising the Caribbean to vineyard hopping in South Africa. Orbitz 50 Faves kicks off today and runs through September 18. (1)
To play Orbitz 50 Faves, simply "Like" Orbitz on Facebook and begin bidding. To start, each new player will receive five bids. Every bid placed represents one entry to win. Players can check out the trips, look at what their friends have bid on, and then place bids on their favorite trips. Each day, players get an additional bid for every friend playing the game. The more friends the player has, the more bids they get and the greater their chances of winning. To further encourage players to invite more friends to play, six trips have been 'locked' and can only be 'unlocked' if at least 10 of a player's Facebook friends are playing the game.
"Orbitz 50 Faves is a fun, free, social game that gives players the opportunity to win one of 50 dream vacations worth up to $15,000. Players can significantly increase their chances of winning by encouraging their friends to play the game," said Chris Orton, president of Orbitz.com. "Players who work their social networks the best can end up with enough bids to place on all 50 trips, or increase their odds of winning a particular trip by placing more and more bids on it. The Orbitz 50 Faves game keeps Orbitz fans engaged and having fun while they compete to win a once-in-a-lifetime vacation."
Orbitz 50 Faves is the ultimate game of adventure. Players stand to win luxurious trips to destinations around the world. Some trips offer spending cash, plus activities and amenities such as a guided rainforest tour, relaxing spa treatments and even a personal butler service. Some of the 50 amazing trips include:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates: A real-life fairytale rising out of the desert, Dubai offers a variety of pristine beaches, fine dining and spectacular sights. Prize includes round-trip airfare for two on Emirates, 7-night stay at the winner's choice of the following 5-star hotels: Mina A Salam Madinat Jumeirah Hotel, Al Qasr Madinat Jumeirah, Dar Al Masyaf Madinat Jumeirah and $4,500 spending cash. The approximate retail value of this trip is $15,000.
- Cape Town, South Africa: South Africa's Cape Town is a grand scene to behold. Stand in awe of Table Mountain, visit top vineyards or dip your toes in world-famous surf beaches. Prize includes round-trip airfare for two on South African Airways, 4-night stay at the African Pride Crystal Towers, 3-night stay at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice, and a 5-night stay at The Westin Cape Town with daily breakfast and dinner, spa services and $4,000 spending cash. The approximate retail value of this trip is $13,416.
- Hawaii: Catch some waves, climb a volcano or snorkel with brilliant marine life, the choice is yours on this Hawaiian escape. Prize includes round-trip airfare for two, and two 3-night stays at the winner's choice of the following Marriott resorts: Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (Oahu), JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa (Oahu), Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (Maui), Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa (Big Island), Kauai Marriott Resort (Kauai). The approximate retail value of this trip is $3,550.
- Caribbean Carnival Cruise: Step aboard the comfort and luxury of a Carnival Cruise ship, where dazzling onboard experiences and countless shore excursions await. Prize includes round-trip airfare for two and a 7-day Caribbean Carnival Cruise in an ocean-view cabin. The approximate retail value of this trip is $2,500.
- Rome, Italy: With its vivid history, robust cuisine, romantic fountains and unrivaled trove of art and architecture, Rome is a pleasure for the senses! Prize includes round-trip airfare for two on Alitalia, 5-night stay at the Radisson Blu es. Hotel, buffet breakfast and dinner at the Sette rooftop restaurant. The approximate retail value of this trip is $4,200.
- Riviera Maya, Mexico: The 5-star Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya, set against turquoise waters and beautiful beaches, offers visitors tranquility and an elaborate variety of Caribbean recreation. Prize includes round-trip airfare for two, 5-night stay at the Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya, daily breakfast, personalized butler service, winner's choice of golf or spa treatments and $4,500 spending cash. The approximate retail value of this trip is $14,650.
To play Orbitz 50 Faves and for complete game rules, visit http://www.facebook.com/orbitz. A random drawing will be held at the end of the game for each trip to determine the 50 lucky winners.
Got game? Orbitz Games is for you
Players who love Orbitz 50 Faves will also love the highly popular Orbitz Games, now available on the Orbitz Facebook page. Try hitting the ball out of the park with Homerun Hero, test your shooting skills with Orbitz 8-ball and risk getting addicted to the fast-paced challenge of Stacker. Got game? Visit the Orbitz Facebook page and click on the Orbitz Games tab to play. Orbitz Games originally launched in 2001 and expanded to a standalone website, http://www.orbitzgames.com, in 2005.
Terms & Conditions
(1) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY; void where prohibited. Open only to legal US residents 18 years (or 21 for select prizes) or older residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia at time of entry. Contest begins August 22, 2011 at 6:00 a.m. Central Time and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on September 18, 2011. Visit http://www.facebook.com/orbitz for Official Rules and entry.
Orbitz.com is a leading online travel company that enables travelers to search for and book a broad array of travel products, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages. Since launching its website to the general public in June 2001, Orbitz.com has become one of the largest online travel sites in the world and has led the industry with innovations including Flight Price Assurance, Hotel Price Assurance and Total Price hotel search results. On Orbitz.com consumers can search more than 80,000 suppliers worldwide including airlines, hotels and car rental companies. Orbitz.com is owned by Orbitz Worldwide. Stay connected to Orbitz.com with sale alerts, exclusive promotions and engaging conversations by following Orbitz on Facebook, Twitter and the Orbitz Travel Blog.
About Orbitz Worldwide
Orbitz Worldwide is a leading global online travel company that uses innovative technology to enable leisure and business travelers to research, plan and book a broad range of travel products. Orbitz Worldwide owns a portfolio of consumer brands that includes Orbitz, CheapTickets, ebookers, HotelClub, RatesToGo and the Away Network. Also within the Orbitz Worldwide family, Orbitz Worldwide Distribution delivers private label travel solutions to a broad range of partners including many of the world's largest airlines, and Orbitz for Business delivers managed corporate travel solutions for corporations. Orbitz Worldwide uses its Investor Relations website to make information available to its investors and the public at http://investors.orbitz.com. You can sign up to receive email alerts whenever the company posts new information to the website.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.